Bay reds

rickmarlin62

Nice work, great looking fish there mate. Took my brother in law out on a few days ago from Bellambi. His first time fishing in Aus as he is a Kiwi. Second drop in Australian Waters and he straight away gets on and lands a 68cm snapper. Some good fish around at the moment

hey baz..it was a pretty good show where we were sitting..wind went from nth east  anchored perfect catchin fish to blowing 25knots from sth west watchin lightning hit broughton...scary stuff..we only got two small fish after we hung back  so we ran home at 10.30 in between cells..flat run  doin 20knts all way back...the fish are there mate..plenty of burley an big strip baits or slimy heads are the go..if you start getting pike use pike head with butterfly fillets 6 inches long  pin up thru nose and wait for mr red to eat it..rick

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Just got a few reds now r in middle lightning storm  smsing scratchie with updates...not pleasant  best 73cm

20180108_195933.jpg

Do they get much bigger than that out of Sydney rick... That's a cracker hey 

49 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

hey baz..it was a pretty good show where we were sitting..wind went from nth east  anchored perfect catchin fish to blowing 25knots from sth west watchin lightning hit broughton...scary stuff..we only got two small fish after we hung back  so we ran home at 10.30 in between cells..flat run  doin 20knts all way back...the fish are there mate..plenty of burley an big strip baits or slimy heads are the go..if you start getting pike use pike head with butterfly fillets 6 inches long  pin up thru nose and wait for mr red to eat it..rick

Thanks for the heads up, Rick. I dropped in on the way home from work last night at the house in Corlette where the guy sells bait and tackle from and was talking to him for a while. Said I can’t wait for the small blacks to come in close. He said they won’t be far away. Reckons you can walk on slimies from Broughton to Seal Rocks! I figure I should be able to catch bait at Broughton rather than stop at Mrs Murphy’s or Cabbage Tree?

54 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

It was fairly blue and running downhill inside the island  22.3 deg round sisters...rick

Well it all changed in the arvo then. We got 20.4 and a distinct lime colour to the water! 

Nice work all the same Rick! The lightning would have been epic and scary from where you were! :):( 

• Like 2

at one stage the whole of broughton isl was lit up by lightning for about 20 seconds...think they call it sheet lightning..i thought it was s#%t lightning...got a bit of bycatch..one bonito one tailer..6ft wobbegong...and something smoked 350mtrs of line off me in one run then bitten off..prob a shark....was fun trip though...rick