Big Seas Next Week?

Berleyguts

My plans to fish Broughton yesterday fell through. Looks like my next chance is next week, with Tue/Wed/Thu my days off. However, looking at Willy Weather I think a trip to Broughton is out of the question!

Willy Weather has been a bit strange lately. Anyone else noticed this?

8FAE13B9-7A57-4610-9009-81C1CCFDF039.jpeg

Edited by Berleyguts

Can I ask a question- why do you rely on a site like WW? They simply suck their information from either the BOM or worse overseas weather forecasts- the BOM hasnt put out wave forecasts that far in advance so how would WW know whats going on?Dont trust those sites 

seabreeze shows 7 day forecast..they have downgraded next week to 4mtr peak swell but the southerly starting sat  will be good for us who are waiting on this water to roll over...I personally don't use ww..and seabreeze and others can be wrong quite often..rick

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, PaddyT said:

Can I ask a question- why do you rely on a site like WW? They simply suck their information from either the BOM or worse overseas weather forecasts- the BOM hasnt put out wave forecasts that far in advance so how would WW know whats going on?Dont trust those sites 

I don’t rely on WW. It’s just a guide, along with Seabreeze, Fishranger and BOM. WW is just easy to use on my phone. If in doubt, I go and have a look from a headland.

I just thought it odd that it showed 6m seas late last night but at 6:30 this morning it didn’t, then it did again. The graph also looks a bit weird for today, with the arrows and dots extremely close together.

356672C1-C47C-4A32-B398-4039CDB80797.jpeg

Edited by Berleyguts

4 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Just ask me baz! I’ll look out the window and say “yay or nay”! :) 

Thanks Jeff. Can you set up an auto SMS service I can subscribe to? ?

It’s just giving me the irrits... as soon as I get a few days off, the seas pick up! I’m off Sat & Sun but it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to fish Sat, the only day that looks fishable offshore for me! ?

This is Seabreeze forecast as Rick says it can be wrong but if you spot check the “live” conditions further down the page it can give you some assurance if the days forecast is progressing as per the prediction.  Next week is a write off so Mrs and I are hitting the water early tomorrow for a sesh. 

Cheers

Zoran

BB7E73EA-0E09-4F1D-BEE0-A8758DC5C237.png

77950D41-1884-4ADC-98A4-5281045709DF.png

• Like 1

well baz the southerly is here..hoping it rolls the warm current sitting wide of us in closer..i have my first comp weekend next weekend..with a bit of luck the weather might let me get up to the island..the ocean is very ugly down here at the moment...but over five days things can change big time..hope we can get out an get a few mate..they are there waiting...rick

6 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

well baz the southerly is here..hoping it rolls the warm current sitting wide of us in closer..i have my first comp weekend next weekend..with a bit of luck the weather might let me get up to the island..the ocean is very ugly down here at the moment...but over five days things can change big time..hope we can get out an get a few mate..they are there waiting...rick

Looking good for the weekend! I have it off rick so might join you up there if you staying the night? 

7 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

hope to jeff....biggest prob will be what to chase..might do my normal thing and annoy the reds then go drag some livies..I have my downrigger all setup an ready to go...decisions decisions..rick

Sounds like a plan! I’ll be doing the same thing! Will call you later in the week! :) 

15 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Yeah, it looked pretty wild out at Fingal this arvo with waves breaking right over the top of the little island at the southern end of the Bay. I’m off Wed, Thu, Fri and work the weekend (and the 2 after that). ? I think my only chance to get outside will be Friday, if I’m lucky. Gotta be a chance for some reds. Was in the tackle shop in Nelson Bay today. They have been getting a few marlin inshore, e.g. at the V.