Georges river sand flats

Ribs

I have been going well on the  flatys of late, so when a good mate who has never caught anything on plastics asked me to take him out after a lengthy Friday night beer discussion , I confidently promised a good fish, a beer bet was placed, so The pressure was on me to deliver.

Went out yesterday at midday to rebait my pots, drifted a new sand bank in 1-2m and after 3 drifts my job was done and we had enough for a feed.. his first fish went 43, second 53 , my two 49 and 56, yes I was happy mine were bigger than his! Back at ramp cleaning fish 2pm. ???

Another plastic Virgin added to my belt?

My son claimed the biggest one for diner tonight, as he does! 

IMG_2876.PNG

IMG_2877.PNG

22 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

nice flatties..bonus points for catchin em with young fella..great to see kids catchin fish..kudos to you sir...rick

Thanks Rick, well my 5 year old son and 45 year old mate share the same pb of 53 now, so I'm glad I've taught em both a thing or two about fishing! He keeps me on my toes that's for sure. 

20 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Haha awesome Craig! Looks like the little champ is loving his fishing too! :)

cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks Jeff, he gets upset now when I don't take him with me and much better than looking at a screen all holidays! 

2 hours ago, Ribs said:

Thanks Jeff, he gets upset now when I don't take him with me and much better than looking at a screen all holidays! 

Exactly Ribs. Living the life, fishing together...that's what he'll remember when he has his own kids. Cheers, bn

12 hours ago, Yowie said:

Nice flatties, and you are keeping everyone happy.

Thanks yowie, the Georges is starting to become more consistent, which is a good sign for the future! I'm sure u know how bad it was . 

10 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Go Ribs...you've cracked the code in the river and great to share the joy with the young fella and others!

I'm not getting excited just yet mate, still searching for a 85+ model.... but happy with my results of late especially in my backyard, and yes my mate is hooked on plastics now, so another win for us lure fishos!