80cm 5KG Kingfish - Botany Bay, Sydney

Botany Bay Fishing

Just a quick little update for you guys, We headed out on the 10th of Feb to Botany, with a plan to catch kingies. Unfortunately the wind was too strong to head outside so we had settle for fishing inside the bay Hit the usual squid grounds to no avail only managing one small candy squid, Then bounced around to all other locations that produce squid, still nothing. Downrigged along the Bare Island Bombie seeing crazy activity on the sounder as we were positioning the boat to anchor, WE HOOKED UP!! The water temp on the run in was at 22. The kingie put up a tough fight on the 50lb gear. He Measured in at 82cm weighing just over 5kg.

Heres the vid enjoy:D:D:D

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 10/02/2018 at 9:35 PM, the son said:

Just a quick little update for you guys, We headed out on the 10th of Feb to Botany, with a plan to catch kingies. Unfortunately the wind was too strong to head outside so we had settle for fishing inside the bay Hit the usual squid grounds to no avail only managing one small candy squid, Then bounced around to all other locations that produce squid, still nothing. Downrigged along the Bare Island Bombie seeing crazy activity on the sounder as we were positioning the boat to anchor, WE HOOKED UP!! The water temp on the run in was at 22. The kingie put up a tough fight on the 50lb gear. He Measured in at 82cm weighing just over 5kg.

Heres the vid enjoy:D:D:D

Are u sure it was 5kg mate ? I doubt it I’ve got kings in the 90cm mark and there pushing 5kg at times maybe ur scales need to checked lol

1 hour ago, mrbroadbill said:

Are u sure it was 5kg mate ? I doubt it I’ve got kings in the 90cm mark and there pushing 5kg at times maybe ur scales need to checked lol

Why not? It depends how well they’ve been eating. I caught one on Monday that measured 71cm and weighed 4.91kg on certified scales.