bloody weather

rickmarlin62

just thought id have a dummy spit after a very windy crappy weekend I now have a day off cause its raining...I cant complain too much we need  the rain..i know others are bummed out too .I traded sms with  scratchie yday..hes off today as well....get the beers out/read raider/plan trips/tidy gear//the days not lost completely I suppose....just my rant   bloody weather.....rick

• Like 1

I'm with you Rick, crap weather. I wouldn't mind if its just rain but its the wind makes it almost impossible to flick plastics and you end up fishing where its sheltered rather than where you think the fish are.

I'll have to put the boat in the water at some point as I moved the transducer on the weekend and want to make sure its OK before heading back to Glenbawn this weekend.

Launched pre dawn on Saturday and jigged plastics on sunrise for Kings. Caught 6 and 2 were 66 and 67. Weather went bad not long after 9am and we got rained on for 20 min. We found a gap and lucky for us the Kings were in the calmer parts. 

On the way back in found a whole bunch of Luderick sheltering in the ramp. Good sized ones as well, and lots of them. 

Luderick.jpg

I’m shovelling garden mix and cow manure in the garden! At least it’s cooler than the two days I spent last week shoveling road base, compacting it, laying pavers and spreading river pebbles! Lost about 2kg in that heat... not a bad thing! ?

baz  im feeling you..im a fencer so im in the sun every day digging holes mixin crete and putting posts in the ground...boy  we have had some hot ones lately...im sittin home now playin with dumputer and nearly ready to crack a beer..haha...fishin gear will get a goin over later..at least its cool and we got a bit of rain..rick

• Like 1

I suppose I should sort my mess out from the weekends fishing trips ready for the next, the little zodiac 4x4 of the sea likes it wild out there.

As for lure flicking, I had a couple of sessions flicking very light lures under 5g a few times last week in windy condition. Using 6lb line or less I find my range is still ptretty good if you change the cast style keeping the lure low to the water. The wind on the water seemed to really get the whiting excited, especially with the wind and wave action behind the lure.

My daughter pretty much fishes everyday, she never seems to take the slightest bit of notice of weather or tide etc. She now sneaks a rod and reel to school in a big cardboard tube with art written on the side so she can fish in any free periods and after school. Addiction comes to mind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, JonD said:

She now sneaks a rod and reel to school in a big cardboard tube with art written on the side so she can fish in any free periods and after school. Addiction comes to mind.

Nice!  I like her creativity!!

3 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

just thought id have a dummy spit after a very windy crappy weekend I now have a day off cause its raining...I cant complain too much we need  the rain..i know others are bummed out too .I traded sms with  scratchie yday..hes off today as well....get the beers out/read raider/plan trips/tidy gear//the days not lost completely I suppose....just my rant   bloody weather.....rick

Agree rick! The heads a little heavier this morning! ? 

But I have respooled 2 reels and sorted out most of my gear! I even found a few bags with the old “what’s in that”, only to find a few packets of jigs and sps I’ve hidden from the kids. 

Ive checked in on fishraider every hour and watched 4 re-runs of wicked tuna! 

Cant wait to get out again! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 20/02/2018 at 10:07 AM, Hill373737 said:

I'm with you Rick, crap weather. I wouldn't mind if its just rain but its the wind makes it almost impossible to flick plastics and you end up fishing where its sheltered rather than where you think the fish are.

I'll have to put the boat in the water at some point as I moved the transducer on the weekend and want to make sure its OK before heading back to Glenbawn this weekend.

You think its hard to flick plastics??!! try fishing unweighted baits sometime.it doesn't even sink

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:21 PM, Scratchie said:

Ive checked in on fishraider every hour and watched 4 re-runs of wicked tuna! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Obviously a bored fisho. Did you learn anything from the re-runs?  :lol:

Just put on the sou-wester outfit and go fishing. :D

• Haha 1

After the blowout on Tuesday, I put the boat in the water this afternoon to check my transducer mods before heading up to Glenbawn tomorrow.  Good and bad news ...

Good news - transducer position a lot better

Bad news - decided to tweak the angle when I got home and broke the clip that allows it to pop up ... aarggh!! Just applied generous quantity of silicon to fix it down - fingers crossed on that one. I'm a glass half full type so now have the excuse to buy the sounder I want rather than the one that came with the boat when I bought it 2nd hand.

More good news - couldn't take the boat out without taking a rod with me, managed to convince a couple of bream to join me in the boat.

As long as the temporary transducer repair works, it was a pretty good couple of hours this afternoon.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2018 at 10:28 AM, rickmarlin62 said:

when you can see them  they can see you  and become hard to catch...rick

HaHa I agree every time a king follows something to my boat I get excited but never hook up once they see you its over