41cm Bream In Lane Cove River

boccman

After trolling through the pages of fishraider for some time and admiring the impressive fish fellow raiders have managed I have patiently waited my turn. Well much to my delight I think I have something to show for my efforts.

This bream was caught last week in the Lane Cove River on SPs . After hammering the lure she went on a series of great runs and after some heart stopping moments was safely landed.

I was stoked!

Boccman

post-1151-1131529740_thumb.jpg

:1welcomeani: boccman. Great fish!!

I fish LCR today from the yak around the top mangroves. Plenty o bream and even more flatties and a monster ray that took 10 mins to surface (thought it was a jew!!).

The fishing has really improved in this system over the last few weeks.

Am looking forward to more great sessions!!

Riggypost-1117-1131531835_thumb.jpgpost-1117-1131531756_thumb.jpgpost-1117-1131531696_thumb.jpg

Guest fishrunner

Great fish boccman, :biggrin2:

and :1welcomeani: to the site.

Good day in the yak there riggy,

Sounds like LC might finally be turning on, :thumbup:

cheers

nice fish and :1welcomeani:

where abouts in the LC river did u get it?

Thanks dude, just around from the Fig Tree Bridge

G'day Boccman and Riggy,

Top bream there guys and another :1welcomeani: to the site. Wow, have you fished plastics long and did it take lots of work to be able to catch bream on them?

Paul

Oh and what sort of retrieve?

Paul,

Recent convert to plastics, although am still doing alittle bait fishing (old habits die hard)

It does take more work, retrieve, was slow and spasmodic

Boccman

Hi Boccman,

Good to see you got the picture sizing sorted out. Lovely fish, bigger than any I've managed to pull out of there.

Good to catch up with you again on the weekend. Saturday was an interesting one at Figtree. No action at first, went nearly an hour before my first hit, then finally got a 33cm bream at 7.30pm. About 8pm someone flicked the switch and I got 6 small flathead between then and 8.30pm when I left them still biting. Don't know how they managed to find the lure in the dark cause I couldn't see it until it hit the rod tip. They were all below legal, but hopefully points the way to a good flathead season.

The bream have been scarce on the sandbank at Figtree of late, I thought the rain may have put them off, but with Riggy's success, maybe they just moved upstream a little to see what the fresh forced out of the mangroves.

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi Boccman,

Good to see you got the picture sizing sorted out. Lovely fish, bigger than any I've managed to pull out of there.

Good to catch up with you again on the weekend. Saturday was an interesting one at Figtree. No action at first, went nearly an hour before my first hit, then finally got a 33cm bream at 7.30pm. About 8pm someone flicked the switch and I got 6 small flathead between then and 8.30pm when I left them still biting. Don't know how they managed to find the lure in the dark cause I couldn't see it until it hit the rod tip. They were all below legal, but hopefully points the way to a good flathead season.

The bream have been scarce on the sandbank at Figtree of late, I thought the rain may have put them off, but with Riggy's success, maybe they just moved upstream a little to see what the fresh forced out of the mangroves.

Cheers,

Jeff

Cherrs Jeff,

Glad to hear things went off down there (unfortunately after I left!), I put down a deposit on a canoe that I was talking to you about this week ,I want to get a little more mobile, paricularly on the full tides.

See you there again

Anthony

Howdy fellas

Dont get too excited about the LC. The pros quickly hear when it is on and net the bejesus out of it. I live on Burns Bay and I can sadly report that it has been netted for two nights in the last two weeks. I just look out my window at it happening and resist the urge to cry.

Cheers

Brent

• 3 weeks later...

:1welcomeani: to the site boccman... what a way to start your profile...

I fished the LC last weekend but had little to show for my efforts. We got 3 flats and i dropped a steam train that i reckon was a solid jew....spewin, especially after i was fighting it for a few minutes. It was the best initial run i have had on sp's yet... so i can only guess the fish, if it was a jew, was above the 10kg mark.

:05: eh