Pb Jew

Guest hottuna

Guest hottuna

Fished brisbane waters sat night for this nice jew and my biggest ever. 125cm and 18.5kg, hit like a freight train! :1prop:

danpost-100-1131966435_thumb.jpg

post-100-1131966773_thumb.jpg

Edited by hottuna

Awesome fish Dan

especially from Brisbabe Waters - I have heard of jews in there, but not that size :)

Let me know when you need a deckie, I can be ready in five minutes :1prop:

Adrian

Guest hottuna

Well done mate. Top fish.

What gear did you get him on?

Cheers

Lee

30lb braid on a spin reel, 6-10kg strudwick rod. 60lb jinkai leader

dan

Guest hottuna

thanks guys.

Bait was fresh caught large squid strip, on twin 8/0 hooks. While on the phone bragging to a made my other reels starts singing that song we all love to hear, (this time on a butterflyed tailor) droped the phone picked the rod up and POP, my leader pops at the knot. It appears that the leader on the twin hook rig had cut on the eye of the hook! Not good and have since changed the way i tie my 2nd hook on. Tide was last hr of run- in and first 2 of the run out. Also managed another smaller jew first off, its sitting on the table in the pic, it would have been released had it not come in first. water was warm at 20deg. Pretty tough to gaff alone, thank god i remebered to ask Glen Mitchell (hawkesbury classic identity) last week how he does it alone.

dan

Edited by hottuna

thanks guys.

droped the phone picked the rod up and POP, my leader pops at the knot. It appears that the leader on the twin hook rig had cut on the eye of the hook! Not good and have since changed the way i tie my 2nd hook on.

dan

interested to hear more about the leader snapping - wasn't the long line knot was it ?

was there a bur around the eye of the hook ?

congrats again mate - long time coming.