What are your GO-TO lures? Need suggestions for boxing day sales!

Bobby.V

Hey guys,

Would love some input of your best performing lures for species such as:

Bream, Flathead, Australian Bass, Kingfish, Jews, and any other species you enjoy targeting!

a shop online store and a lot of other stores have some awesome sales up to 50% off at the moment so I want to take advantage and stock up on some must have lures!

Cheers

Edited by Bobby.V

Halco 190 white with red head and golden for most pelagics. Zman streaks in 5 per pkt and Curley tails, both will take snapper, kings, dolphin fish, infact just about any fish will take these. Halco twisties are a cheap lure to flick for tailor, salmon and mostly small tunas etc.

Ive got plenty of repala xxx raps and other long range casting lures but have found they often don't handle bigger kings once they get over 15kg. I've also found the xrap deep divers to sometimes not pull so well and pop out tangling everything else around them ( a big pain when most lines are braid). 

There are heaps of jigs that do the job but in all honesty I'm enjoying using bigger zman lures over jigging these days, they get smacked by kings on the drop, retrieve and even flicked across the surface, even when worked quite slowly. The cost of them has meant I don't mind dropping right down in line class which tends to get me far more fish and actually lose less lures ( jigs seem to get snagged in the bottom easier).

Halco don't seem to have the same glossy finish as some other brands but they catch fish and are very good value ( also Aussie made). 

Im all for supporting sponsors but I'm also keen to support my little local tackle store too which have given me years of advice and help.

• Like 2

I fish the hastings river, Lures only.   Deep water would be the Samaki Vibelicious. 70 m/m Whitebait colour. Metal vibe for all depths, Ecogear ZX. Flathead love green, Bream Red.  Soft Plastic, has to be Z man grubs in motor oil,   Z MAN MINNOWZ 3 INCH. Motor oil. Closely followed by Dragon Maggot 2.5 inch in motor oil or red. Z MAN SLIM SWIMZ 2.5 INCH Im going to try soon, they have my interest. Nice baitfish profile. Hard body is the ATOMIC HARDZ CRANK 38 in Ghost Gill Brown. There are 3 depths to choose from .  Jew trolling deep holes, BOMBER LONG 24A  Brown I find good as the river often has a touch of brown to it . A bit of reading for you .https://www.kaydofishingworld.com/mid-north-coast-deep-water-lure-fishing/.   https://www.kaydofishingworld.com/trolling-hard-bodied-lures-fishing-deepwater-part-3/ Howard .

Edited by bluefin