Sunday arvo squid session

61 crusher

What a difference, yesterday wind howling & 11/2m+ sets rolling in, today flat, less than 1/2 m & light winds (forecast was 2m). Got to the rocks about 1:30, 4th cast & I’m on pulling a bit of drag and a nice bend in the rod, 10 casts later and I’ve got another  five. In just under 2 hours I caught these630EFBBE-EB95-4272-8063-C552E9333CE4.thumb.jpeg.ff748b24cb7d2ed8589d813d5080bb71.jpegand let 2 go similar in size to the smaller ones, gave 2 to a guy that had only caught one. On the way back had a chat & a beer with a bloke who was cleaning a 12 kg long tail, his mate got an 8kg model, he also mentioned an ISO fisherman managed to snare one inside north head, Happy days 

• Like 8

There are a few around at the moment. I got 5 in the same area this evening in the 30 mins before dark fishing in the rain and wind. They were all big.

I parked near the skillion and a spearo had just got out of the water with a 27kg cobia. And last Tuesday I saw another spearo that had gotten a longtail which looked around 10kg. 

There are some good fish about at the moment!!

20 hours ago, Central Coast Fisherman said:

parked near the skillion and a spearo had just got out of the water with a 27kg cobia. And last Tuesday I saw another spearo that had gotten a longtail which looked around 10kg. 

That’s a great Cobia,I traced one for a guy that went 18kg gutted the other week, I’ve heard the rocks from Jervis bay to past port Stephens have been on fire lately, it’s good to see the squid have stepped up in size

• Like 1