Garie Beach

Coswecanfly

After a very disappointing trip to Wisemans ferry yesterday we were aching to catch some fish so took the little person and the missus out to Garie beach today. Got there at about 07:30 at fished the last two hours to high tide.  Tide was pulling right very strong so packed up the big beach rod and stuck some prawns on the 6 and 7 foot spinning rods. Not long and we were on. One dart (bait for the boat on Thursday) was followed by two nice bream (haven't measured yet but they're definitely legal) and a 42cm flattie. Packed up at 13:00 and headed home. 

Just finished cleaning all the gear and now it's time to fire up the barbie. Will update with bream sizes as they go on the barbie. 

20190422_145827(0)~2.jpg

20190422_145827~2.jpg

• Like 3

look i know  its non of my business  and im only telling you this because personally  i love presentation and i am also a bit concerned about  germs etc ,   have you ever considered a folding  wire  grill,  what you do is rub a bit of oil over it with a paper towel   place your fish in them and turn the fish over  as many times as you like without it braking up , the fish looks good at the end and if you like crispy skin  this will help allot , you can pick them up  in dollar shops , ebay and the markets for $10 , grill.webpgrill

Edited by leonardgid
ad some words

26 minutes ago, leonardgid said:

look i know  its non of my business  and im only telling you this because personally  i love presentation and i am also a bit concerned about  germs etc ,   have you ever considered a folding  wire  grill,  what you do is rub a bit of oil over it with a paper towel   place your fish in them and turn the fish over  as many times as you like without it braking up , the fish looks good at the end and if you like crispy skin  this will help allot , you can pick them up  in dollar shops , ebay and the markets for $10 , grill.webpgrill

It's a kamado mate. The lid was closed for the whole cook with a temp of 180 degrees inside. Fish was cooked to a safe internal temperature. I have a fish grid. Didn't feel like using it tonight. But thanks for the advise. 😉

• Like 2

Guest Guest123456789

Nice catch and I cook my fish the same way. No germ can survive a few minutes at 250 degrees 

Years ago around this time of the year I used to fish garie beach on the southern end  rock platform facing the next beach south and catch a lot of good tailor in the wash near the bommie spinning with metals, nice report & dinner 

• Like 1