Easter Stonkers and kings in the George’s

Gday raiders first time I’ve been on since the website refresh and it’s a fresh a breathe air that’s for sure lol this post is from easter since I haven’t been active on this platform due to work but here we are 

i went out for a lazy flick Easter flick with the family on the long weekend at picnic point, we were hoping we caught enough fish to keep us entertained even if they were small.
The tides were in our favour with the peak of the high at about 12pm and we had got our first baits in the water at about 11:30am  which were left over king prawns from Good Friday that didn’t get finished they turned out to do damage since they were cooked and held on the hook forever 😂 

We were on from the first cast with a few 20cm to legal bream for about an hour on both of the kids rods while my 2-4kg bait set up was untouched the entire time, the whole family landed solid fish for the last 3 hours of the session the bite was hot with my partner jagging a 34cm model and My daughter a 36.5cm both cracking PB and also myself all on the kids set up at 43cm easily 2kg plus, all fish were released with all the kids letting their own fish go, nothing like watching big bream swim off 🔥

We were packing up when I had seen something in the corner of my eye since I had polaroids on I could see the commotion through the water and it was a pack of 6 kingfish around the 70cm mark harassing poddy mullet in about 30cm of water on a small bank next to where we were fishing it was something that happened so fast I couldn’t get footage but will never forget, The George’s river has come along way from what I remember it as a kid but I’m glad my kids are experiencing the same river with some life finally it was a memorable day for the family fishing that’s what it’s all about !DB291A2E-CD5F-4C52-9119-FC03E88A8F2A.jpeg.40be1c56b46c987d5b77bb63bbae9116.jpeg

240D2F7A-18DA-41CB-862F-77F5C6597C64.jpeg

Edited by SWFisho
Not finished
  • Like 14

• SWFisho changed the title to Easter Stonkers and kings in the George’s

Great post!

some horse breambos and it would have been awesome to see the kings marauding poddies! I got up around tgere with some big poddies at Easter but the tailor were doing their thing and chomping the livies in Quarters!

Some great bream there, particularly in he 43cm model. Those kids rods are interesting with big fish on! We had a big flathead on the end of my daughter’s one earlier in the year and it was like we were fishing with a length of spaghetti tied to a rubber band! They’re great for kids though, as small kids can find longer rods unwieldy.

Nice catch & good to see Kingies that far up. I lived at Illawong in the 80's & 90's and back then the water was the colour of baby poo. Went fishing there again a couple of years ago and it was fairly clear. The fishing was also better than I remember it.

On 5/16/2023 at 7:58 AM, bessell1955 said:

Good quality Bream and even better to hear the quality of the river system has improved.

I’ve been fishing these systems for awhile now and I’ve watched the conditions get better over time it’s been rewarding 

On 5/17/2023 at 5:45 AM, Little_Flatty said:

Some great bream there, particularly in he 43cm model. Those kids rods are interesting with big fish on! We had a big flathead on the end of my daughter’s one earlier in the year and it was like we were fishing with a length of spaghetti tied to a rubber band! They’re great for kids though, as small kids can find longer rods unwieldy.

The big fish must be attracted to them my set up never got touched and I was fishing lighter haha 

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2023 at 5:28 PM, Fried Rice said:

Nice catch & good to see Kingies that far up. I lived at Illawong in the 80's & 90's and back then the water was the colour of baby poo. Went fishing there again a couple of years ago and it was fairly clear. The fishing was also better than I remember it.

The water quality has improved over the past 10 years or so Years in dramatic fashion it’s been rewarding putting effort into local systems and finally being able to put a bag together I grew up in campbelltown so the Georgesriver is the closest stretch of water to me and I’ve fished it fresh and salt regularly but it was rubbish till about a decade ago it slowly started changing, the kings haven’t been up the George’s since the 50 or 60s I think so that’s got me pumped up to know that it’s making a proper come back with its sport fish to catch and release fishing and the ban of trawlers/commercial fishing has also made a huge difference