Trout closer to home

Hi All 

I’m obsessed with trout on flies and just can’t afford to drive 6+ hrs to the Snowy mountain every weekend. Was hoping to see if anyone could provide me with Information/map of places closure to Sydney, where I can target trout on fly? 

many thanks in advance 

D.

Edited by dekoy42
  • Like 1

• dekoy42 changed the title to Trout closer to home

Plenty of trout around Lithgow -lakes include Lake Lyell, Wallarawang and Thompsons Creek , Oberon Dams. Rivers include Coxes,Fish, Turon, Kowmung and whole bunch of little feeder streams, wait till Warragamba spills again (might be soon) and their will be trout in the Nepean 

• Like 1

I noticed on a FB page I look at there was a brown caught in the Nepean last week , I also heard they were going to release water from the dam early last week ( you may be able to confirm this on Sydney water site? ) .

Plenty of streams out west - cox, fish , duckmaloi and Turon rivers and I think there was a dam at wallarawang ( possibly thompsons creek dam that was fly or fly and lure only . Also Oberon dam and wyangla dam for trout . Can’t vouch for the fishing at any of these as it has been years since I fished them , I have seen a few decent trout come out of the upper Turon near Turon gates but it was a while ago and I can’t remember who posted it on Fishraider .