Winter Blackfish

Ryder

Hi Raiders,

Its been a while since I had anything to report. Surgery for a double hernia ( times 3 turned out ) kept me from fishing for about 3 months. I was off work for 6 weeks, March and April, then another 6 weeks with no heavy lifting, so light duties. 

I managed to scrounge some weed off the ocean rocks and gave the vintage  Slazenger 5A DeLuxe to my nephew, and we got a couple of blackfish at Chiswick last weekend. 

I went solo today to the harbour rocks near Fairlight. Got nothing at the first spot, moved . Nothing at the second, moved again. The third produced a few.

I watched a seal tear apart a Salmon. Beautiful Darter and Cormorants drying their wings. Magic. I kept 2 for the smoker. Both full of roe. Last week they were all male. 

20190804_151401.thumb.jpg.421b9df05e9e4cd84d7d85894839a2ac.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Enjoyed your report and it got me thinking of the couple of times where you have taken me under your wing for a spot of Blackfishing. In particular, the time when the old Chinese lady produced a couple of large plastic bags to keep the rain off us. Quickly fashioned into Saville Row wet weather gear we kept fishing and caught quite a few between us. Would be great to do that again sometime. Cheers mate. Hope you fully mend and continue with your work AND favourite pastime.

Cheers to a top bloke. bn

• Like 2