Trojan87

Hi lads have a general question I’m hoping someone can heap me with. I’m trying to find a manufacturers specifications sheet for a 1980 Savage Tasmin. Does anyone/have a link to such info? 

Need to know what kind of weight the transom will take before buying new/used outboard for my project. 

Currently has a everdure Johnson 65hp from the 80’s. (engine is no good which is why it’s being replaced)

Thanks in advance. 

On 8/29/2019 at 5:08 PM, Rebel said:

Hi,

They are called Savage Tasmam. From memory they had a 70 or 80hp.

Hit Google and You Tube, you may find some answers there.

Cheers.

I have tried google got nothing but will try YouTube thanks 

I can't help with actual specs. But the Savage Tasman was an entry level half cab fibreglass boat measuring 15.09 ft or 4.6 metres long, they usually had between 60 and 85 hp motors on them. Back in 1980 a 85hp motor was very heavy.

Generally the 70hp was the choice , these days with more modern technology the 70hp motor would be lighter with more up and go than the old 80's models so IF looking for what size motor to fit I would suggest 70hp, either old or new, the boat will perform well either way.

Frank

17 minutes ago, frankS said:

I can't help with actual specs. But the Savage Tasman was an entry level half cab fibreglass boat measuring 15.09 ft or 4.6 metres long, they usually had between 60 and 85 hp motors on them. Back in 1980 a 85hp motor was very heavy.

Generally the 70hp was the choice , these days with more modern technology the 70hp motor would be lighter with more up and go than the old 80's models so IF looking for what size motor to fit I would suggest 70hp, either old or new, the boat will perform well either way.

Frank

I doubt if a 4 stroke would be lighter, or have more get up and go for that matter.