Coming to Australia

R Walker

Its my wife and my 20th anniversary next year and we're coming over for a dream vacation in your fabulous country for 2 weeks. 

I promised her that I would take her anywhere in the world she wanted to go as long as i could do some fishing, SOOOO,

HELP!!!!! She called me on it!

I tried to look at charters but they want so much money to go out for the day its insane. I wonder if any one would be willing to take us out for a day or maybe 2 times during April  14-21 2020. I will be happy to pay for the trip costs and a fair price for your time,

We are in our 50's and would enjoy getting to visit with you as well.

You should be able to rent a boat in the Hawkesbury or maybe some parts of the harbour without a boat license.

There should be charters around 150 to 250pp. If you want to maximise your chances of catching a fish maybe bite the bullet? They are pros after all

13 minutes ago, R Walker said:

I was referring to chartering a boat for just my wife and I. I did a lot of the Party boat thing living in LA and its a mixed bag. That kinda money is not an issue but $1400 for 7 hours is kinda high. LOL

Plenty of charter here like there are is in the rest of the world.

Just depends on what you want to target.

Bay/estuary cheaper, going Marlin fishing to the shelf costs!

They are all on the www.....

Have a nice stay 😁

The Hawkesbury boat hire thing is a good experience, but for 2 people is pretty exy/

Sometimes you cant have your cake & eat it to.

That's life as a tourist, which we are also in within our own countries!!

Edited by kingie chaser

9 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

@R Walker welcome to fishraider

Keep in touch and when it gets closer I am sure there will be an opportunity. 
I depends on where you will be staying as well. 
It is all a bit exciting isn’t it :)

Donna (Community Manager)

Thank you and YES!!

from what I've read April is a really good time to b fishing there.

• Like 1

For a start, 2 weeks is just not enough time to visit Australia! 😂

I assume you are coming to Sydney. There are a couple of very good sportfishing charters that operate out of Sydney Harbour or Botany Bay focussing on estuary sportfishing plus some close inshore work. They are around $750 AUD for 2 people for about 7 hours. (I think it’s $700 for one then $50 per extra person, so if you can find another couple to go with you could get the individual costs down). I find these charters much better value than a gamefishing charter because you can all fish (and you’re pretty certain to get fish) but on a gamefishing charter, you could fish all day and not get a turn on a rod. 4 years ago I took a charter out of Honolulu. It cost me about $200 US plus the tip. There were 6 anglers and 2 blue marlin were caught. I had a good time but all I could really do was take photos and laugh at the guys throwing up and encourage them to see if they could hurl one over the rigger! 😂 On the other hand, I took one of these sportfishing charters on Sydney Harbour, with my wife, my son (then 8), and a friend from my wife’s work, so costs were split and we had a ball! Caught kingfish, bonito, frigate mackerel, salmon and tailor (your bluefish), also squid, live bait and crabs. Everybody caught heaps of fish and our friend managed a few on his fly rod (...the kings nearly pulled my son into the Harbour!). I can thoroughly recommend this option and it’s a good way to see possibly the finest harbour  in the world. 😉 PM me if you want some details and I’ll send you the links. I am thinking about treating myself to an estuary charter in my local Port Stephens (2 1/2 hours drive north of Sydney) so I can be put onto some decent mulloway but I’d like to share with someone to split the costs.

If you find the charter’s a bit much, I’m sure there are some raiders who could take you out when it comes closer to the date.

Good luck and enjoy your trip down under (as short as it is)!

PS. 14 April is the day after the 4 day Easter long weekend and still busy (school holidays) and costly, so plan well and book well in advance. 😉

Edited by Berleyguts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Kingy fishing is usually really really good in April if your staying in Sydney. I would recommend going with a well known Sydney kingfish charter. Make sure you go for the slightly up market charters with guides that actually know what they are doing because a lot of charters just go to one spot, drop anchor and could not care less if you catch anything. The better charters will take you around and actually strive to get you on some fish.

• Like 1

April is the best fishing month for Sydney and south coast 🤩🤩🤩🤩

Sydney harbour fishing charter operators  are the best value but as already advised & will be booked up very fast, pay your deposit now and sleep easy. You have a huge exchange rate advantage so $$$$ is cheap.

I am retired & might be around to catch up.

Cheers

Waz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow !! Thanks Guys and Gals!! I really appreciate the response.

We cant wait to get there!!

I will definitely book a trip on that charter if you would send me that contact info in a PM would be greatly appreciated..We have already scheduled a car rental for the trip so a 5 hour drive is not a problem either.We don't want to be touristy types hitting all the traps, we want to see the real Australia as much as we can with the time we have.

We will probably take that Cave tour though that seems awesome!!!

I'm bringing a couple of good reels with me and i'll buy poles when we get there, as well as a small tackle box full of lures, hooks, etc....

Luckily when you get to be our age, months tick by like minutes!!!LOL

Edited by R Walker
wrong info about the charter

23 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

opportunity. 
I depends on where you will be staying as well. 

We will be staying in Sydney but we've rented a car, if we don't kill ourselves driving on the wrong side of the road 😳 we can meet just about anywhere near Sydney. Looking forward to meeting some " real people" there.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to contact these places from my I phone.😬

929.jpg

PM me for details of a harbour charter. I think his prices are good value, and nowhere near the prices mentioned above :)  
You won't be on your own, as the boat takes 6 people from memory, but regardless you'll have a great day out on the water!

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
No links to charters please
  • Like 1

Hi mate. It's early days yet but who knows what I will be doing when you arrive. IF by chance you are prepared to go for a fish in quiet waters to have a go at some bread and butter Ozzie fish in a small tinnie I would be only too happy to take you and your wife for a few hours. At this point I only have a 14 foot alloy boat but it takes 3 people with some comfort and at least I could get you on the water for some fun and it wouldn't cost you a cent, and I would supply all the gear needed, you would only need to get you and wife to my place OR meet me at the boat ramp .

As it gets closer to the time contact me and we could make some arrangements to meet. If you are not interested in small boat I do understand.

Frank

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, frankS said:

As it gets closer to the time contact me

Thank you so much! Will do.

I put in for a charter as well thanks to a heads up from Berleyguts ,haven't heard back yet but as soon as I do I'll book that one for sure.

2 hours ago, Blackfish said:

Only a idea, if you book a Charter and need a couple  of people to help with the cost, maybe someone on here would put their hand up or would also like to go.

That thought crossed my mind as well. I would be willing to float $600 US which is roughly $800 AU and others could split up the rest on a big game deep sea charter. 

From what I understand from the website I visited, Tuna, Marlin, King Mackerel, Big Spanish and Yellowtail are killin it in April.

The charters I was looking at run about $1,400 up to ten people - $800 that about $100 a piece.

4 minutes ago, Blackfish said:

Where do you think you will based RW on the trip

2 hours ago, Blackfish said:

Only a idea, if you bo k a Charter and need a couple  of people to help with the cost, maybe someone on here would put their hand up or would also like to go.

We'll be staying in Sydney but we rented a car

On 10/26/2019 at 11:39 PM, steeevooo said:

PM me for details of a harbour charter. I think his prices are good value, and nowhere near the prices mentioned above :)  
You won't be on your own, as the boat takes 6 people from memory, but regardless you'll have a great day out on the water!

Hi mate if you could send me the details as looking for a charter at the end of the month,cheers