Anglapro boats

garfield28

27 minutes ago, plumber joe said:

hey mate, 

I have no issues with the stability of the boat, i payed around $25,900 for the boat compared to the stacer and qunitrex which are over priced.  Have a look a the sniper range they do have bigger models .

cheers joe

Good to see you back Joe! 

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2019 at 12:07 PM, garfield28 said:

I also read somewhere that Quintrex are shipping the hulls in from China and building the rest around it here. 

Why would you pay extra for a Quintrex when the build is probably no better than any of its competitors..? 

Are there any known boat builders out there that sell their boats with fully welded hulls?

Quintrex do not bring in hulls from China. Telwater was doing that for a little while with the Savage 'glass range, but their bread and butter alloy hull range (Quintrex, Stacer) are still all Australian. Whether BRP who now own Telwater will push for an imported product down the track is anybody's guess. In relation to stitch welding, the top decks are stitch welded and you pay more to have it fully welded, which is a good idea if you want the paint to have the best chance over the long term. Agree it would be nice if they were fully welded as standard for the price you pay, although granted with the higher price you're also typically getting better resale value than the lesser known brands and a larger dealership network.  They're probably a bit like Toyotas - a little bit pricier than their lower cost Korean competitors but part of what you're paying for is that intangible quality of it being a Toyota and thus easy to sell down the track. The Renegades for example do very well in resale. Not sure you'd be as comfy selling an Anglapro or lesser known craft after a few years.

Regarding Chinese builds, I believe Whittley has recently started importing Chinese alloy hulls. As long as they're keeping an eye on quality control, I'm sure they're a decent thing. The Chinese have well and truly demonstrated by now that they can produce very high quality items when they're not building purely to cost and there's some oversight. If it helps more people get into a newer brand name boat for less, it's not the worst thing in the world.

5 hours ago, Davison said:

Quintrex do not bring in hulls from China. Telwater was doing that for a little while with the Savage 'glass range, but their bread and butter alloy hull range (Quintrex, Stacer) are still all Australian. Whether BRP who now own Telwater will push for an imported product down the track is anybody's guess. In relation to stitch welding, the top decks are stitch welded and you pay more to have it fully welded, which is a good idea if you want the paint to have the best chance over the long term. Agree it would be nice if they were fully welded as standard for the price you pay, although granted with the higher price you're also typically getting better resale value than the lesser known brands and a larger dealership network.  They're probably a bit like Toyotas - a little bit pricier than their lower cost Korean competitors but part of what you're paying for is that intangible quality of it being a Toyota and thus easy to sell down the track. The Renegades for example do very well in resale. Not sure you'd be as comfy selling an Anglapro or lesser known craft after a few years.

Regarding Chinese builds, I believe Whittley has recently started importing Chinese alloy hulls. As long as they're keeping an eye on quality control, I'm sure they're a decent thing. The Chinese have well and truly demonstrated by now that they can produce very high quality items when they're not building purely to cost and there's some oversight. If it helps more people get into a newer brand name boat for less, it's not the worst thing in the world.

Thanks for the reply Davidson. You sound like you know what you're talking about mate. Any knowledge on the Savage Scorpion at all? They look a nice rig from what I can see and a bit cheaper than the Stacers and the Quinnies, I think I read somewhere that either the hull or their trailers were built by telwater also. 

I'm starting to wonder us I do cough up the extra money now for a bust over 4.8 in length after I went and sat in a 4.6 Renegade seems more than enough room in an open boat like that in a side console. 

23 minutes ago, New Signing said:

The old man has the 449 side console stacer and its a cracking little boat to fish out of. He has a 50hp Evinrude on his and it tops out at around 20-22knots. If you're looking to do longer runs it would definitely benefit from the 60hp

Thanks heaps for the info new signing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, garfield28 said:

Thanks for the reply Davidson. You sound like you know what you're talking about mate. Any knowledge on the Savage Scorpion at all? They look a nice rig from what I can see and a bit cheaper than the Stacers and the Quinnies, I think I read somewhere that either the hull or their trailers were built by telwater also. 

I'm starting to wonder us I do cough up the extra money now for a bust over 4.8 in length after I went and sat in a 4.6 Renegade seems more than enough room in an open boat like that in a side console. 

yes mate Savage, Stacer, Quintrex and now Yellow fin plate boats all come out of the telwater factory in QLD along with their trailers

5 hours ago, onearmedfisho said:

yes mate Savage, Stacer, Quintrex and now Yellow fin plate boats all come out of the telwater factory in QLD along with their trailers

Thanks for that. 

I cannot find anything on the Savage Scorpion Hull, are they anything like the Revolution or Blade Hull seeing they come out of the same place? 

I bought a 4.9 Anglapro Predator 3 years ago. I use it heavily. I just clocked 800 hrs on the motor. It's powered with a Mercury 100hp 4 stroke. The engine has been flawless.  I fish for marlin with it and regularly fish it 15 miles out. I fitted it with outriggers and live bait tank on the rear pontoon. I tow it up and down the coast with a Ford Territory. It is well equipped with Lowrance HDS9 GPS / Plotter. The rod holders and rocket launcher are sturdy enough to handle Tiagra 50s no problem.

It's a good looking boat and really wide beam and solid. It rides exceptionally well for a 5m alloy boat but being a center console it can be a wet ride in a chop with the wrong wind direction. I've been very happy with it for the price.

A couple of not so good things about it though have been a bit of electolysis on the hull in certain areas and the floor bowing in the heat which gets noisy when you walk on it. Overall it's been a good rig and Goodtime Marine have backed it up with  servicing and a few warranty issues. 

I have uploaded a picture. Hope it turns out.

boat.jfif 

Hi Issue,  thanks for the reply mate. I cannot look at the boat on my phone for some reason, I'm away with the family on a holiday but will hopefully be able to look at it when I get back home on the computer. 

Is the electrolysis being caused by something wrong in the boat build? A bloke from work said he believes the Savage Scorpion with its build would be less susceptible to electrolysis because of the way it is built. He did mention something on the way it was rolled and welded or something can't remember exactly what it was now but he thought the Savage would be less chance. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if you are still looking but I picked up a second hand bandit 484 just before christmas. As a first time boat owner I don't have much in the way of comparison but I am extremely pleased with it so far. It only has the standard 3mm bottom sheet and still rode better than I was expected - it also had the optional spray chines and was a lot dryer than expected! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Widdupm said:

Not sure if you are still looking but I picked up a second hand bandit 484 just before christmas. As a first time boat owner I don't have much in the way of comparison but I am extremely pleased with it so far. It only has the standard 3mm bottom sheet and still rode better than I was expected - it also had the optional spray chines and was a lot dryer than expected! 

Can I ask what you paid approximately for the 2nd hand 484 bandit?  What outboard and what hours also?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Widdupm said:

Thanks for the reply mate. Yep still looking and researching. What make and size outboard you get with her widd? How is she at rest also that is the only bad thing I heard about the anglapro boats from a guy at work

Thanks

Geoff

Has anyone got a bowrider boat they use for fishing? With the front seating arrangement, I've seen a few pics where they have taken the cushions out and put in an infill to make a casting deck. some seem quite roomy in the back too. My only concern is can you somehow mount an electric motor though

On 1/8/2020 at 2:54 PM, garfield28 said:

Has anyone got a bowrider boat they use for fishing? With the front seating arrangement, I've seen a few pics where they have taken the cushions out and put in an infill to make a casting deck. some seem quite roomy in the back too. My only concern is can you somehow mount an electric motor though

I have a Stacer 539 Bowrider and use it for fishing when I get the chance.

i don’t have the casting platform but with the seat cushions removed there is a ply cover over each storage area, which takes my 112kg without complaining.

i have seen bow mounted electric motors fitted, one I looked at just had a small section of the bow rail removed.

Will be out chasing Squid tomorrow morning in Shoalbay  with my 7yr old as that’s his favorite thing to do. 

so if you see a Stacer 539 on a Silver Ranger 4wd that will be me.

Edited by jeffb5.8

Cheers for the reply Jeff.

How long have you had her mate? By the sounds of it you either didn't but it solely for fishing or you don't get out much... Do you have the Bimini on it? I saw one at the boat ramp the other day and was amazed at how much room there actually was in the Stacer easy rider... Fair bit behind the driver's seat in cockpit which really surprised me. They look perfect to cover family and fishing but I'm a bit concerned how I'd go taking it offshore on occasions

I have had it since 2016, 

i have the sports Bimini which is Std, it take 7 people and does have plenty of room front and back.

it mainly gets a work out with the family, towing a Tube, chasing Dolphins, day trips to beaches on the hawkesbury and Syd Harbour, fishing as well.

As for offshore it would be no different to a open tinny or centre console as the sides are quite high and a few mates have the same model and go wide without issue.

last time I was up here someone commented at the ramp about the amount of room and people that fitted inside.

So you're up at Port Stephens at the moment Jeff? 

Yeah when I looked at pictures of the stacer easy rider along side a Quintrex Renegade or even a Stacer outlaw the hull looks the same so I guess it's sort of the same boat except it has no glovebox and dash for the passenger and it has a casting deck, where the other has all of the comforts and some escape from the elements when needed. 

Does the Stacer easy rider have a underfloor kill tank Jeff? I know all of the Quinnies Freedom Sports I have looked at online and questioned didn't have a kill tank or built in live tank. 

Just left at 4am this morning to Syd for work, back up Aust weekend and most weekends when the crowds disappear.

I do have a floor tank, not sure if its a kill take but have used it like that as it drain into the hull and out the bung, it also has the under floor ski locker.