Saturday 14 Dec 2019 - Disappointing day

anthman

Hi all - a brief report. What a beautiful day it was - low swell and high period, low winds and sunny. Great weather to be on the boat, but just couldn't find the fish (ended up with a bunch of large slimies and one legal flathead - all caught past the heads).

But that's not the disappointing part (insert line about "that's why its called fishing, and not catching"). What was disappointing was the boat of three guys in a red and white boat with red folded back Bimini, catching undersized kingfish and bleeding them then and there. I saw them being bled and rinsed through the water by hand, the length no bigger than the length of a forearm and looked about 40-50cm. I told them off but got an immature and cowardly excuse of "I don't have a ruler" and "don't worry I go fishing all the time, it's over 65".

Edit: thanks guys, will report using the full rego I noted down.

Edited by anthman

21 minutes ago, mii11x said:

Mate send it to fisheries...dont post it here

21 minutes ago, xerotao said:

Should of swam onto their boat and roughed them up. But in all seriousness. You have their boat rego and could of reported them

21 minutes ago, xerotao said:

Should of swam onto their boat and roughed them up. But in all seriousness. You have their boat rego and could of reported them

Thanks guys will do.

17 minutes ago, mii11x said:

Mate send it to fisheries...dont post it here

None of us like to see this but...…………..

It is part of the forum rules-

PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND SITE RULES BEFORE POSTING OR USING FISHRAIDER FORUMS.

FISHRAIDER TERMS OF USE AND RULES (Last Reviewed May 2018)

1. No abusive or threatening posts or private messages including posts/messages that reference abusive or threatening actions/behaviours. Personal attack or inciting arguments will not be tolerated.

2. No posts on illegal fishing activity - for example illegal methods, protected fishing zones, bag limits, undersize fish, vigilante behaviour, pictures of illegal captures

I think everyone should put this number into their phones & contact fisheries ON THE SPOT about illegal fishing!

Then they can contact Maratime & actually catch people instead of talking about it.

Contact a DPI Fisheries Officer

Area Contact details
Fisheries Information Phone: 1300 550 474
Fishers Watch Phone: 1800 043 536
Report illegal fishing online
Recreational Licensing Phone: 02 4424 7499
Recreational Licensing Email: recfish.licensing@dpi.nsw.gov.au
Marine Park Contacts Website: www.mpa.nsw.gov.au
Aquaculture service desk 02 4982 1232

24 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

None of us like to see this but...…………..

It is part of the forum rules-

PLEASE ENSURE YOU READ AND UNDERSTAND SITE RULES BEFORE POSTING OR USING FISHRAIDER FORUMS.

FISHRAIDER TERMS OF USE AND RULES (Last Reviewed May 2018)

1. No abusive or threatening posts or private messages including posts/messages that reference abusive or threatening actions/behaviours. Personal attack or inciting arguments will not be tolerated.

2. No posts on illegal fishing activity - for example illegal methods, protected fishing zones, bag limits, undersize fish, vigilante behaviour, pictures of illegal captures

I think everyone should put this number into their phones & contact fisheries ON THE SPOT about illegal fishing!

Then they can contact Maratime & actually catch people instead of talking about it.

Contact a DPI Fisheries Officer

Area Contact details
Fisheries Information Phone: 1300 550 474
Fishers Watch Phone: 1800 043 536
Report illegal fishing online
Recreational Licensing Phone: 02 4424 7499
Recreational Licensing Email: recfish.licensing@dpi.nsw.gov.au
Marine Park Contacts Website: www.mpa.nsw.gov.au
Aquaculture service desk 02 4982 1232

Thanks kingies chaser, I removed the photo after the fellow FR members shared their advice. Have reported the activity through the official channels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, anthman said:

Thanks kingies chaser, I removed the photo after the fellow FR members shared their advice. Have reported the activity through the official channels.

That’s the appropriate way to handle things Anthman. 
@kingie chaser is correct on his posting, thank you! 
Always frustrating to see activity of this nature for all of us genuine fishos. But unfortunately  you can’t teach stupid. 
cheers scratchie!!!