Good flathead off Broken Bay

saltrix

There was a crowd as expected at Parsley Bay but all seemed considerate and orderly and we launched OK.

I was expecting dead calm conditions as there was no breeze but there was a confused swell which made things very jiggly when we picked up a few yellowtsil at West Head.

The yellowtail were on the large size and too big for live flathead bait so we headed out to the 45M area and tried to find the schools.81828239_outsunday.JPG.7080d6ff93bd117ab0b1890e685471c9.JPG

On the way out there were some good sized waves and it was a bumpy ride, I hoped the rock fishermen were wary as there were some whoppers every now and then.

As usual the spikey flathead stripped the bait very quickly but we managed a few good bluespots bertween us.1095487923_fishsunday.JPG.3c26977e43fceaf53ae1c0e636b27bad.JPG\

We kept a few of the spikeys (Long spined Flathead     Platycephalus longspinus  Maximum size 34cm ) as they are good eating and as long as you do not exceed the flathead all species limit of 10 fish each  is no reason not to keep them for the table.

I know some of us use them for bait and I have caught good fish on a fillet.

Back at Parsley Bay there was a long delay to pick up the boat but againit seemed orderly.

• Like 4