Port Hacking today

hookerbruce

Weather forecast does not look good for the rest of the week so I did a short trip this morning. 

Managed a couple of keepers. First legal king since  Xmas even though skinny the big tail helped it put up a good fight on 2kg. Caught on a pilchard tail on a 1/0 hook.

Not a lot of fish biting even though sporadic surface action. Only a couple of showers so kept dry

Bruce 

20200206_113519.jpg

• Like 6

Good work there Bruce.

I had a fish on Wednesday morning, but did not bother with a report. Only kept 2 flatties around the 40cm mark. Released another flattie just over 60cm, and 2 jewies about the same size.

On 2/6/2020 at 1:36 PM, Blackfish said:

Good that you got a fish in Bruce before this weather turns up.

May be interesting after this flush of rain.

Hi Gordon

The rain we are getting now is why I had a fish on thurs morning. It will completely change the local fishing for a couple of weeks. We're heading to Culburra next weekend and I think fishing will be hard but accommodation is paid for so I'll have a family fish anyway.

bruce

On 2/6/2020 at 5:11 PM, Yowie said:

Good work there Bruce.

I had a fish on Wednesday morning, but did not bother with a report. Only kept 2 flatties around the 40cm mark. Released another flattie just over 60cm, and 2 jewies about the same size.

Hi Dave 

Wed morning would have been my first choice but grandparent duties got in the way. Thought you would go with the weather looking good, looked for your report wed arvo to get some ideas. Tried near mouth of Yowie Bay for nothing then deeper water off Lilli Pilli still quite even had trouble finding little reddies to feed.  I can't even get little jewies .

Fishing will be different next week.

bruce

13 hours ago, hookerbruce said:

Hi Dave 

Wed morning would have been my first choice but grandparent duties got in the way. Thought you would go with the weather looking good, looked for your report wed arvo to get some ideas. Tried near mouth of Yowie Bay for nothing then deeper water off Lilli Pilli still quite even had trouble finding little reddies to feed.  I can't even get little jewies .

Fishing will be different next week.

bruce

It will be different next week Bruce. Colour in the water should bring on some fish.

My mate was out on Tuesday arvo. Took out a friend, not a real fisho, who set up his own gear. They pulled out quite a few little reddies, then his friend hooked up to something better and pulled up a reddie, around the 45 to 50 cm mark. The reddie flapped on the surface, then the hook knot came undone and the reddie swam off before he could be netted. Has a 2/0 hook in the mouth.

His friend was not concerned too much. If it was me, you would hear me yelling from Melbourne.  :074:

Dave.