Bream fishing

Jbrace

Hello all, 

After a shocking start to the Berkeley bream series on Saturday, not being able to pre fish the area and a few other things going wrong last minute we basically winged it and it showed pulling in just 1 legal fish each ! Wasnt the best feeling that's for sure ! 

So we got back in the water yesterday at our local (botany bay) and got straight back to business pulling in around 15 bream each... If it was comp day it probably would of been a top 3 finish .. go figure . 

We set out on our tinny targeting rock walls and general structure with soft plastics , no hits so my mate put on a crank and I put on a cranka crab, no hits for him but then boom, big strike on my crab , pull up a nice legal roughly 30cm fish about 600 gram . Take a few piccys and release him , Chuck the crab back in. Boom straight on the drop again . So my mate put a crab on his set up as well and that was it , we probably got hits on 90% of our casts from then on with me pulling in the biggest fish of the day a nice 40cm fat bream weighing just shy of a kg , put up an awesome fight on my Daiwa hyper 1-2kg with a 1000 stradic reel lined with 6lb braid and 4lb leader . All in all and awesome session and just what we needed to get our confidence back. Lucky for us round 2 of the series is at botany ( our local area) so should bounce back with a good finish . 

Thanks for reading! 

IMG_20200221_055131_776.jpg

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, P_Konrad said:

Wow, very old fish there mate (14 years old+) . Very big bream. Congratulations.

http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0010/375967/Yellowfin-Bream.pdf

Cheers mate . Yeah he was a big chunk of a thing, the battle was great , he was doing all he could to tie me up around the pontoon but I got him in the end . Put him right back where I found him to grow even bigger 🤙

6 minutes ago, Bort said:

Love it, nice work.
I'll be having a crack in the Bay tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Cheers mate ! All the best, They're out there, just got to figure out what they feel like eating on the day, fussy fish ! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Iceman said:

Tournaments are not easy much different to social fishing Botany will be difficult with probably 70 boats fishing it might head out there tomorrow in my boat 

Yeah definitely a lot more pressure in a comp and time seems to go twice as fast ! Not too stressed about botany though, know it like the back of my hand when it comes to bream fishing and did really well in the botany round last year , see how it goes ! 

Yeah I'll be out there tomorrow arvo 🎣🎣

36 minutes ago, Jbrace said:

Yeah definitely a lot more pressure in a comp and time seems to go twice as fast ! Not too stressed about botany though, know it like the back of my hand when it comes to bream fishing and did really well in the botany round last year , see how it goes ! 

Yeah I'll be out there tomorrow arvo 🎣🎣

What team name do you use?