TOLL CHARGE REBATE all Sydney motorways

mrsswordfisherman

Donna, I gave you a "thanks" coz I couldn't give a gold star  ...

FYI, Post reading the RMS site I contacted my Toll Tag provider (linkt) and they advised "... Upon checking the effective date of the Large Recreational Toll Rebate will be on November 2020"

So I have registered for the news letter and updates with RMS.

Cheers Zoran

Edited by zmk1962
  • Thanks 1

So sounds like the cost will be the class B charge minus the class A charge if I read it correct?

I dont really need it right now but hey you never know when it will come in handy so Im going to apply to.

Still I wonder how this will work with the M5 cash scheme??

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

So sounds like the cost will be the class B charge minus the class A charge if I read it correct?

I dont really need it right now but hey you never know when it will come in handy so Im going to apply to.

Still I wonder how this will work with the M5 cash scheme??

If you mean the cash back scheme it's gone isn't it? It's now a Toll road. You still get a notice on MyEtoll and you can then claim it back (the difference).  I didn't see anything about it not coming  into effect by Nov. Unless that means you have to wait until the quarterly notice is out by then and then you can claim back for the quarter.

Edited by kingfishbig

11 minutes ago, kingfishbig said:

If you mean the cash back scheme it's gone isn't it? It's now a Toll road. You still get a notice on MyEtoll and you can then claim it back (the difference).

As far as I am aware its still called cashback & thats what it says when I claim it back online.

TOLL RELIEF & M5 SOUTH-WEST CASHBACK 

• Payment is made by the NSW Govt. E-way does not have your M5 South-West Cashback and Toll Relief payment records.
  • Cashback can't be claimed until after the second business day of the month.
  • M5 South-West trips made when registered for Cashback do not count toward Toll Relief. Before opting out of Cashback, first claim M5 South-West trips.  

You are currently registered for Cashback

Edited by kingie chaser

Just now, kingfishbig said:

I think the explanation that some of it (the eastern section staring near the tunnel)  is now a toll road/ no cash back.

You might be right, I'm not sure how it will work with the new connections but I just did a quarterly claim & it wasnt any different to normal.

I am presuming if your travelling the same route as before & not using the other lanes/connections then you should still be able to claim the full journey??

I guess I will find out soon enough.

It is very simple after you claim your rebate it ends up costing you same as a car. Prior to this rebate it would cost you same as a B-double. 

As for M5 you still get the full rebate minus GST if you travel Southwest of King Georges rd, nothing changes there . 

The new M8 that runs from King Georges rd to St Peters is a toll rd for everyone and same goes for M5 east .

M5 east was originally designed to be a toll rd, that's the main reason it was only 2 lanes each way however due to the fact that has a couple swinging state seats Bob Car ( Premier at the time) made if free for all.

Depending on where you live in Sydney as to what tolls you pay, not fair that some pay tolls to use motorways and others don't. ( personal opinion). 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Large Towed Recreational Vehicle Rebate Scheme - Registration Now Open!

Hello ,

Thank you for your interest in the Large Towed Recreational Vehicle Rebate Scheme; a scheme aimed at helping to reduce the costs of your recreational travel.

From today, 22nd October, you can now officially register for the scheme.

To register for the scheme, go to your toll tag provider’s internet page, select Register for the Large Towed Recreation Vehicle Toll Rebate and follow the prompts to complete your registration.

Then from 8th November you can start submitting your claims for the rebate. Claiming your rebate is easy – from 8th November all you will need to do is login into your account, click on the Cashback Option and follow the steps to  submit your claim online. Can’t claim online no problem – you will easily be able to submit a claim using the Large Towed Recreational Vehicle Toll Rebate Scheme Rebate Claim Form including Banking Details form.

The Large Towed Recreational Vehicle Rebate Scheme will provide rebates on tolls for large caravans, boat trailers and horse floats with a combined length of car and towed vehicle greater than 12.5 metres long or more than 2.8 metres high.  The scheme applies to all of Sydney's toll roads, with the exception of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Harbour Tunnel which has a single toll for all vehicles.  The scheme will also apply to motorways that will open to traffic in coming months, including NorthConnex and the WestConnex M5 East/M8.

Have questions or need help?  Our FAQs answer many of the commonly asked questions about the scheme.

Can’t find the answer you are after?  Please contact our friendly team on 1300 133 310.

Thank you again for your interest in the Large Towed Recreational Vehicle Rebate Scheme.

As explained in another fishing chat

.NSW Toll Relief - For those interested this is limited to 8 (eight) Tolls per month. Example: If you live in N.W. Sydney and want to use the Botany Ramp you go through M2, Lane Cove Tunnel, and on return Eastern Distributor, Lane Cove Tunnel and M2, so single trip has used 5 of those tolls, limiting you to ONE fishing trip per month before being ripped off. After 8 tolls you will be charged the same as a B-Double. This was confirmed to me by Transport NSW.