Sunday 20/9/20

Ryder

Hi Raiders,

Went out a few times over the winter months without much success, so instead I've been doing some long walks exploring the greatest natural Harbour in the world. North head, Q Station, Middle Head, Georges Head to Bradley's. Really interesting with some spectacular views. The is from Dobroyd Head last weekend.IMG_1682.thumb.jpg.5f0af257bf87f1cd07def8f052cc3b5d.jpg

This morning I had planned to fish the lower Harbour fro Blackfish, but plans changed when I woke up to the pouring rain. I had a good stash of weed I didn't want to go to waste so I decided to try a spot closer to home well into the runout tide.

The wind was coming from the NE as I started and I was somewhat protected. I got the berley going and tested the depth but I wasn't having any success in the first half hour. I tried deeper, then deeper again still nothing so I went shallower and what do you know, fish on. It was a good specimen about 38cm and fat too. Next drift I'm on again,  nice fish 35cm. Next drift feisty little 30cm model gave a really good account of itself, nearly got me around the pylon. I got the net under him just as I pulled the hook.

I knew I had them schooled up so I kept the berley going, but for some reason things had gone quiet. I checked my rig and realised my float stopper had moved during the last fight, it must have been caught on my rod tip. I tied a new stopper knot and reset the depth. The wind changed around to the NW blowing straight at me making things difficult. I got one more, a fat 40cm specimen before I called it.

IMG_2463.thumb.jpg.5f131d8fe2d21bbbd62b056e8d0227d6.jpg

• Like 16