a day of firsts....

Rey05

first report here guys,

me and 2 mates decided that the weather was looking good on Sunday, so we would hit the water early, and get the new (to me) boat out and try and get a feed of fish.

mate number 3 decided to hurt his back the night before, so didn't make it, so it was just the 2 of us.

got to the ramp at Bayview at 630 and hit the water for an uneventful run out, decided to try a few marks that a mate of mine from work gave me, which managed to get us a red rock cod and a sargent baker..... not the start we were hoping for...but fish nonetheless- the baker went back.

we figured it was a flat day and we were safe to push out further, so we went to the 40m mark with nothing.... this was turning out to be another day on the boat with nothing to show for it.

we pushed out to the 50m mark, and bang, it was on.... every drop coming up with a fish.

we figured that we were only going to keep what we needed for immediate consumption (im not a fan of freezing any fish), after about 2 hours, we had caught enough so headed back in to Pittwater to clean our catch.

all was going well, logged off with marine rescue and went to start the boat- nothing, dead, zilch..... s&@t....

I have a 2nd battery on the boat but it isn't wired up, thankfully when I bought the boat I put a set of jumper leads in meh safety bag, so we jump started it and made our way back to the ramp.

cleaned up and had fresh flattie for dinner- made some up as sashimi, and the rest as fish tacos, which my 1 year old loved.

jobs for this month are 2 new batteries, and a dual battery switching set up..

a great day, spent with a good mate, sharing laughs and some good fish to top it off....

IMG-20201115-WA0018.jpeg

IMG-20201115-WA0013.jpeg

• Like 6

Top job @Rey05 both on the report and the catch - hope to see many more !  Yes my last trip out they were in the 50m depth off Barrenjoey as well. BTW, the Mrs and I love fish tacos (check out the kitchen for our simple recipe for the pico de galo - fresh salsa).

Cheers Zoran

• Like 2