Port Hacking - 24/12

corro

Finally managed to get back out on the water. Tried the deep water around Lilli Pilli but only baby snappers around.

Gave up and threw some soft plastics around the flats for a couple of decent flathead - both were carrying eggs which I'm always slightly sad to see. Even though our meagre catch is unlikely to dent the future population too much and we did turn them into a very decent beer battered fish and chips dinner for the family.

There were so many f***ing jet skis around. One of them belted past me, whilst drifting miles from the channel and cut through my line. Asshats the lot of them. I guess it'll be this bad till school goes back?

PXL_20201224_013319963~2.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, corro said:

There were so many f***ing jet skis around. One of them belted past me, whilst drifting miles from the channel and cut through my line. Asshats the lot of them. I guess it'll be this bad till school goes back?

Nice pair 👍

Unfortunately It's for the same reasons I stopped fishing in the hacking during summer school holidays.

20 hours ago, corro said:

Finally managed to get back out on the water. Tried the deep water around Lilli Pilli but only baby snappers around.

Gave up and threw some soft plastics around the flats for a couple of decent flathead - both were carrying eggs which I'm always slightly sad to see. Even though our meagre catch is unlikely to dent the future population too much and we did turn them into a very decent beer battered fish and chips dinner for the family.

PXL_20201224_013319963~2.jpg

This time of year there's dills every where on the Port.Worse time.Night time is the go or wait for them all to go back to work/school.