Two Trips to Close out 2020

GoingFishing

Gday Raiders

Happy new year, i hope everyone has had a relaxing and enjoyable Christmas break. (As best we can given the circumstances i guess ! back to 1 case a day today which is good news for NSW).

I have been on extended holidays from 18th Dec to 11th Jan - back to work on Monday unfortunately 😔

Have been making the most of the time off with family activities and kids, but did manage to squeeze in two trips, another down to Bellambi and one to the Entrance with the young boys.

Bellambi Report

Snapper hard to find, but the ones we did find had some decent size to them, most around 40cm. Slimey mack EVERYWHERE, very thick and hard to get a bait past them in some instances which is great when you want some fillets for bait, but annoying when you want them to efff off and leave the bait alone for the reddies 🤣. Flatties however turned it on, which is unusual because for the two dozen times ive fished Bellambi in 2020, we barely caught any flatties at all. Bait used was whole pillies and fresh slimey mack.  All fish caught between 30 and 40 metres depth.

image.thumb.png.037dfedb4cf5616c5a367455426c7ea4.png

The Entrance Report

We had booked a holiday with the family up to Avoca Beach for a week with some friends, the young boys were keen on a fish so we drove the 25 mins and purchased some live tube worms and headed to The Entrance channel. Interestingly when i got there we were met with 3 or 4 boats setting up what appeared to be nets in the channel, i initially thought something terrible had happened and they were looking for a body of a drowned swimmer, but was relieved when they explained they were setting up prawn nets for the prawn run that night. This instantly got my blood pumping as now had high expectations that the whiting would be on the chew......and they were. We managed a dozen or so nice fish with one nudging 38cm, caught by my young boy Adam on 6lb line ! I was very proud of him as he played the fish like a champ with me helping him hold the rod steady.

Highlight of that trip was Adam taking a whiting from the esky "to wash the sand off it" only to release it infront of my eyes and watch it swim away 🤣🤣🤣

The young fellas had a blast, and whilst ive taken my young fella fishing more than once, this was the first time he caught a fish of any real quality on a trip dedicated only to fishing. I just cant wait to take him out more and more and watch him get his sea legs.

Thats it for the bread and butter species for now, i now start my mission to get a marlin in the boat in 2021 !! wish me luck.

Thanks for reading

image.thumb.png.767f1b6e0fc5e098681c7e7e97ad2493.png

• Like 7

What a great report GF. Only one thing better than having a great days fishing...having the kids actively involved in having a great days fishing. The benefits to both parents and children are substantial and will be with you for the rest of your lives. 

Good luck with the Marlin...

bn

• Like 1

Top stuff Sam. I think the second trip with the boys put a bigger smile on your dial for sure !

For me it’s sport fishing (marlin) after bread and butter every time.... gotta look after the tummy first 🎣 🍽 😜

cheers Zoran 

• Like 2