Port hacking-last night.

Fab1

I thought bugger it last night and headed out with the family.

Got to the ramp just after 7pm to find one guy coming out and another going in come behind me.I let them launch while we loaded my boat.

We headed to around grays point and anchored just off the main channel while we sorted our bait,rods,etc.

We fished there for around 30 min using prawns,salted pillys and squid getting fish straight away close in to the rocks.Small snapper to just under legal and a fishing trip isn't a fishing trip without me catching a puffer fish.

Time to up anchor and head straight to moored boats at the deep water around lilli pilli.

Driving out in the open water crossing the bay it was really blowing and the water was rough. 

I can attest that permatrim I put on  is a beauty and she no longer squats in the bum with a big bum sitting in the middle of the rear bench.

The 3 of us are over 100kg each.I'm 125 on my own.I did 44km/h flat knackers through that wind,chop and rough water as per GPS running a 30 poverty pack Yammy on my 420 quinny.Don't know if that's good or bad.

We fished for just over an hour around the lilli pilly area for 2 bust offs,more small snapper lust under legal and many real small ones.Out of the trip the only legal fish caught was by my son on squid which we decided to release to give Yowie a chance to get a feed for once.🤣😊😂😂

As usual I'm just thankful we are all healthy and get to get out every now and then as a family as we always enjoy each other's company and have a great laugh like when my son caught a snapper about 4cm long last night.His long shank hook was longer.😂🤣

Thanks for reading the saga and yes we are hopeless fishos.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Well Fab, at least you gave it a go.

What were the bust offs, kingies or just over sized reddies?  :074:

We didn't get to see them mate.Probably.One line came up with a clean cut.Tailor?Doubt it.

45 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Top write up mate... glad you got out... and that the Permatrim has done the job !

Happy for ya.

Now for some fish ... if only @Yowie started using SP's you might have a chance ...  

Cheers Zoran

I went stealth over to Yowies and drilled a few holes in his hull to slow him down.Sick of that Bzztard taking all the fish.😂🤣

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Fab1 said:

I went stealth over to Yowies and drilled a few holes in his hull to slow him down.Sick of that Bzztard taking all the fish.😂🤣

I do have a slow leak in my boat, cannot find the hole or crack. Must have been you.  :074:

• Haha 1