Fingal Bay

yting

Hi all,

Up here in Nelson’s bay and the weather is a bit hit and miss. None the less I took the boy out for a fish this morning at Fingal bay. Plan was to catch some beach worms and then target the Whiting. No sign of any worms but luckily my son found a couple of pipis which was just enough to give him a few baits.

First bait, he gets a solid Whiting and that was about all we got except an opportunistic sand crab.

I want to mention, there was a nice guy at the beach who gave us a couple of worms. Thanks for those mate if you’re reading.

does anyone know where we can try for some beach worms? I don’t think Fingal has any, it’s a bit steep by the looks of it.

Thanks 

Nathan

37BD4D4F-E63C-44B5-99DB-E7EC2E7572BE.jpeg

• Like 7

Nice fish and I agree, the beach looks a bit steep.

Sorry I can't advise where else to try as I don't know the area. 

We get them on steep beaches down here on the south coast, but its more difficult as the waves are closer together and tend to be a little larger in close.

Just be careful where you get the pipi's from!

https://www.portstephensexaminer.com.au/story/6094198/penalties-for-illegally-taken-beach-pipis/

Plenty of snactuary & no collection zones in PS!

I remember squishing my feet around at Bagnals as a kid finding plenty of Sydney cockles & pumping for nippers.

Cant do that anymore! 

18 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Just be careful where you get the pipi's from!

https://www.portstephensexaminer.com.au/story/6094198/penalties-for-illegally-taken-beach-pipis/

Plenty of snactuary & no collection zones in PS!

I remember squishing my feet around at Bagnals as a kid finding plenty of Sydney cockles & pumping for nippers.

Cant do that anymore! 

It's fine to collect pipis and use them onsite for bait. The article you quoted referred to collecting and taking them home.

3 hours ago, beachwormer said:

It's fine to collect pipis and use them onsite for bait. The article you quoted referred to collecting and taking them home.

The point is the bag limit in possesion is the bag limit, doesnt matter whether its for food or bait, the DPI dont differentiate between the two!! 

The other point was make sure when your collecting its in a zone that its allowed in. 

15 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

The point is the bag limit in possesion is the bag limit, doesnt matter whether its for food or bait, the DPI dont differentiate between the two!! 

The other point was make sure when your collecting its in a zone that its allowed in. 

His kid picked up 2 pipis - I think he'd be fine with the inspector.

But thanks for clarifying.