Port Stephens Mullet run

jenk98

12 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Shouldn’t be too far away! I know the salmon are starting to school up. The mullet normally run mid April- mid May. 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Will they move to the lower parts of the estuaries with these flood waters do you think?

50 minutes ago, jenk98 said:

Will they move to the lower parts of the estuaries with these flood waters do you think?

With the amount of water movement they could be sitting on the shelf! 
At a guess, they’d be sheltering in bays somewhere. Still a while before they run! I’m no expert on mullet, just from observations! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'm hearing you Scratchie. The Shelf is probably the safest place up here after watching the passing parade on the Manning River - 100's of silage balls, logs, shipping containers, boats, channel markers, houses, trees, cattle....

Checked the flood level on Saturday which just kicked above the 1978 flood level down the street - Not a 1 in 100 year event but still devastating to those affected.

If we see any Mullet in the system I'll pass it on. Be intersting to see the impact of the floods on their movement this year!!

Hoods

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

With the amount of water movement they could be sitting on the shelf! 
At a guess, they’d be sheltering in bays somewhere. Still a while before they run! I’m no expert on mullet, just from observations! 

Hahah yeah I'm hearing you!

Cheers for that, find the mullet find the ghosts? That's what they say isn't 😉😂

9 hours ago, Hoods said:

I'm hearing you Scratchie. The Shelf is probably the safest place up here after watching the passing parade on the Manning River - 100's of silage balls, logs, shipping containers, boats, channel markers, houses, trees, cattle....

Checked the flood level on Saturday which just kicked above the 1978 flood level down the street - Not a 1 in 100 year event but still devastating to those affected.

If we see any Mullet in the system I'll pass it on. Be intersting to see the impact of the floods on their movement this year!!

Hoods

The rain Definitely had a devastating impact on the area. Some unforgettable images circulating. My best wishes go to all that are affected. 

9 hours ago, jenk98 said:

Hahah yeah I'm hearing you!

Cheers for that, find the mullet find the ghosts? That's what they say isn't 😉😂

Pretty much! The beaches are your best bet to find that ghost when they do start running 

• Thanks 1