New motor sags/drops when parked

M1100S

So finally the boat arrived and going out first time tomorrow for a spin and maybe a fish.

IMG-20210514-WA0008.thumb.jpeg.11db03c5c6d780d7f0ea7a0adb0f7483.jpeg

However this has happened twice since I got the boat home. When it is parked and I have the motor down I usually trim it down till the bottom fin is about 5 Inch off the road...and twice it seems overnight it is dropping and then resting on the fin. First time trimmed it up and then today got home and same happened has dropped again.

It's a brand new yamaha f150 and I never had this issue with my Suzuki or the mercury on the last boat. Am I doing something wrong or has the dealer not Installed properly.

Unfortunately they are closed this week as they up at sanctuary Cove boat show so cannot talk to em about it. 

Thought would get some advice from the helpful fishraider folk

Not sure what your describing exactly but if what your saying is the motor at rest trims down further towards the transom then it sounds like it could possibly be a hydraulic leak or there is air in the system.

Similarly like if you haven't bleed your car brakes properly.

But then again I could be just reading you post wrong??

Regardless it's new so I'd be contacting the dealer & asking the question.

Edited by kingie chaser

Yes sounds like the system needs a bleed and fluid check. There are videos on how to do it yourself if you are inclined to take that coarse. If not then you will have to either take it to a outboard mechanic OR wait till the dealer can do it.

Frank

I had a similar thing happen on my Honda and it was a seal that need replacing thankfully not the ram. If it is still under warranty take it back to the dealer their problem.

I run Yamaha on my boat pick of the outboards for me.

Yamaha do a rubber block with a channel that fits snug over the ram and then you trim the motor down onto it acts like a shock absorber which I use on my 200 when towing which is purpose made to take pressure off the ram 

You can ring any Yamaha dealer and talk to them about it.

Sounds like a seal is letting Hyd Fluid past (Bleeding Back) which lets the ram ease down over time, Warranty repair as it will happen when driving and your partly tilted.

Unless this is a function of the Hyd system so as to not load the ram up or keeping the system on high pressure with the weight of the engine?

If it was me, brand spanker I would be taking it straight back to the dealer when they are back in town. Does seems like a hydraulic issue but considering you obviously spent some good coin on it, let them sort it out for you.

had an issue with the seal on the hydraulic ram on my motor out of warrenty that was picked up in service before it was a problem-but Yamaha fixed it for free-why you should always buy Yamaha-actually its a minor issue that i reckon any Yammie dealer will quickly fix for you. One thing thats a given though with any outboard is that you shouldnt rely on those little metal brackets as they can break-a block of EDM rubber with a notch cut out of it and jammed over the rams while driving around is a much better shock absorber. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply.

Not sure if it was the problem or not but did abit of reading and some mentioned it could be the manual trim release on side so I got a screw driver and gave a good tighten and since then motor has stayed put about 10cm of asphalt.

So seems all good but keeping an eye on it

• Thanks 1