Port hacking today

hookerbruce

Went out in the river for a white this morning then outside with a mate Phil .

Left Grays point ramp at a pleasant 730 went down to the deeper water near Lilli Pilli  fished with pillies and slimy fillets. Caught a lot of small reddies and one legal , also caught a few just legal trevally that went back and one good one that went in the esky.

20210602_135239.thumb.jpg.b67d1bdc005c2afb51138115620dfa74.jpgAbout 930 went for a cruise around but didn't see any activity so headed out to chase some blue spot flatties. Fished several spots between 30 and 50 meters deep but never found a good spot. Ended up keeping 10 and a flounder.  Threw lures around a few spots in the river for nothing  and beaded home.

• Like 7

Nothing wrong with that catch Bruce.

The surface action was quiet today, until a few fish kicked about in the Arm. They were not there for too long, but shows that some are still there.

Whiting still kicking around, though won't bite in the calm clear water.

14 hours ago, Yowie said:

Nothing wrong with that catch Bruce.

The surface action was quiet today, until a few fish kicked about in the Arm. They were not there for too long, but shows that some are still there.

Whiting still kicking around, though won't bite in the calm clear water.

Yes we got a couple of feeds so that was good. Saw a good number of whiting along the inside edge of the lilli pilli sandflat but didn't have nippers and it was time to go home

52 minutes ago, hookerbruce said:

Yes we got a couple of feeds so that was good. Saw a good number of whiting along the inside edge of the lilli pilli sandflat but didn't have nippers and it was time to go home

I saw the whiting there also. Threw nippers at them on the drift, one hit that did not hook up, and that was it.

22 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Very nice bag...how was the swell out there today? On Monday it was pumping and a fellow boatie lost his life running aground at Bundeena:(

The swell was still up a bit but was  long and slow, it did stop us from anchoring in close to the rocks. The light nor wester made for a pleasant drift. Today the swell was quite low. I have heard his death may have been a medical episode, sure more details will come out.

9 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

Well done, that is what I would call a good mornings work!  :fisher:

Interesting you mention work. Phil and I used to get out at least once a month, now I'm retired and Phil is semi retired we find it hard to find a day we can both go fishing, life gets in the way. 

Bruce