Late Report. Out of Hacking Tuesday 8.6.2021

campr

Late report from Tuesday 8 June.  

Had a late start last Tuesday launching from Yowie Bay at 9am and went out the front of Pt Hacking.  Conditions were beautiful with first drift for squid resulted in 2 reasonably good calamari in 15 minutes and I thought I was in for some fun.  Tried same and other spots for over an hour and half without another touch.  I then tried for a flattie but they were hard to find with a lot of little spikeys coming over the side.  Ended up with 5 reasonable ones where normally I manage my limit of 10.  Two humpbacks blew together about 7 meters from the back of the boat  and frightened the daylights out of me.  Their close presence usually doesn't bother me but they were behind me out of sight and extremely loud.

Results were a little disappointing but a lovely day on the water with a feed or 2 caught and hooks only in fish and not my calf like last time which was a bonus.  Photo a bit ordinary with torch as I couldn't get flash to work.  Ron

20210607_171724.jpg

• Like 9

You have a feed which is the main thing. The blue spots out the front of late have not been too big, whereas off northern Sydney, some bigger ones are out in the deeper water - 50 metres plus.