Port Hacking, again

Isaac Ct

Hi Raiders,

Headed out early from Yowie Bay at 6:00 with my sister to do a bit of exploring and fishing. Stopped at the usual spot at South West Arm and first drop a tailor hit me on the way down. The first 30 minutes where mayhem with a bait rarely touching the bottom as the tailor where smashing our baits. Pulled out 2 legal ones but both were released. Tailor were caught on pillies then made the move to prawns and pulled up a nice trevally (37cm released) and plenty more small snapper, tailor and tarwhine. Headed up the South West Arm for a bit of a ride and came across all the moored boats. One of our family friends used to own one of them and about 4 years ago my sister fell between 2 of the moored boats and split her chin open, luck our friend is a paramedic. We then proceeded to wander around Lilli Pilli and found a bee floating in the water and naturally he had to be 'saved'. So I forfeited 20 minutes to pick Humbert the bee up and drive him to Lilli Pilli and place him on some flowers to be safe. Then headed up the North West Arm to grays point and had a 10 minute fish up their for some 'jackets and managed a couple. Didn't keep any today as my mum was making a fantastic dinner😀. Came across a couple of guys at the Rathanes fishing for King's and they had instead caught a big salmon and a nice flattie. 

Cheers IIMG_0069.thumb.JPG.c7699aea2a6239b411d1e257614c6bdf.JPGsaac CT

• Like 10

15 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Great work again.Up the Swa it feels like your 1000km away from civilisation at times.

It sure does!!

14 hours ago, Yowie said:

Another good day out.

Thanks Mate.

13 hours ago, Pickles said:

Family Fishing Fun - Well done young fella, good to share the joy with your sister, keep those reports coming, we love it

Thanks mate, will do. I plan on heading out on Friday and Monday as the coming days look a bit dodgy in the wind department.

You may want to tell your sister to place the lanyard strap around her wrist , if the fish struggles and escapes with the lip grip still in it's mouth it doesn't have much chance of survival , and you have lost your lip grip.

Other than that, well done on another fine report.

Frank

26 minutes ago, frankS said:

You may want to tell your sister to place the lanyard strap around her wrist , if the fish struggles and escapes with the lip grip still in it's mouth it doesn't have much chance of survival , and you have lost your lip grip.

Other than that, well done on another fine report.

Frank

Thanks mate, I wouldn't worry with it though. It is a cheap $5 pair, but I will do that in the future, thanks for the tip.