A few fish.....defied the BOM forecast

jenno64

I've been keeping an eye on the weekend forecast all week and too busy to go out Saturday so In decided to bite the bullet and defy the wet forecast for today. I collected some nippers yesterday arvo as I thought the tide might be too high to get them today. Headed up onto the flats about 7:30am and the tide was pumping in so I snuck out of the current and picked up a bream/whiting double hook-up. Got a nice 35+ bream out of a weed bed then fossicked all over the flats for a nice bag of whiting up to the mid 30s although they were well spread out and quiet until the water started moving out. Ended up being a good call for a Sunday as the boat traffic was pretty light. Just finished filleting the catch so a couple of nice meals this week.

Double hook-up.jpg

Whiting.jpg

Bream.jpg

Catch November 7.jpg

• Like 16

The BOM forecasts for Sydney have become increasingly erratic of late. They typically overestimate the wind velocity and the likely rainfall. Have others noticed the unreliability of recent weather forecasting?

17 hours ago, Yowie said:

Nice bag of fish, and as you said, a few meals for your troubles.

Thanks Yowie, I'm trying to get at least one feed per week!

17 hours ago, leonardgid said:

very nice bag of fish 

Cheers

12 hours ago, cogo44 said:

The BOM forecasts for Sydney have become increasingly erratic of late. They typically overestimate the wind velocity and the likely rainfall. Have others noticed the unreliability of recent weather forecasting?

Yes and if you look at the rain prediction there is fine print:)

11 hours ago, Larkin said:

Always a good day when you can get out on the water. Well done on the whiting 👍

Thanks

2 hours ago, noelm said:

Nothing better than a fresh Whiting fillet, scaled (leave skin on) bone cut out and just rolled in flour and cooked in hot oil......love catching Whiting on the beach in summer.

That's the way or in pankos:)

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

Solid effort Rob. If you waited for the prefect forecast then you’d never get out there. Although, it was right this morning and back to bed I went at 330. 
Enjoy the whiting. Beautiful fish to eat! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

At least the snapper would have relaxed a bit yesterday!

• Like 1