Filming in street

frankS

Today a T V production group will be filming a episode of The 12 in my street.

They have blocked the street off for all but local traffic and it is a hive of activity.

The 12 is apparently a drama series about a woman accused of murdering a child and spotlights on the jury of the trial hence 12.

Should be exciting and even though I don't normally watch any TV I will keep my eye open for when this series begins.

There was another series somewhere overseas and this is the Australian version.

Frank

• Like 2

A few years back I was driving down King st in Newtown  in my truck , half the road blocked off by cops and absolute traffic chaos. I pulled up in the traffic and looked to my left and standing in a side street was Sam Neil and Brian Brown -about 30m  from me , fast forward a couple of years and I’m sitting at home watching this Aussie movie on tv with Sam and Brian in it . It didn’t click at the time until about 2/3 through the movie I see my truck pull up in shot ! Wish I had of chucked a brown eye but fitting my a#$e through the passenger window would have been defying  the laws of Physics :074:

Edited by XD351
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, motiondave said:

Or run across the set in the nude😁....

I could imagine the look on their faces ! Maybe stark naked except for a welding helmet and carrying a fishing rod - reckon they might pack up and move after that :074:

• Like 2

Filming is fun! 
I was the subject of a documentary when I was 16 years old. 
It was an ABC program called Chequerboard. 
It was filmed over several weeks. They followed me to and from school, to a party, to Bronte, Maroubra and Coogee Beaches. 

My kids watch it at odd times over the years and listen to my views as a 16 year old on life, love and problems of the world. 

The Twelve is on Foxtel in 2022

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/foxtel-original-drama-the-twelve-coming-to-aussie-screens-in-2022/

Keep us posted Frank 🎥🎬🍿

• Like 2

I can't believe the equipment needed to film what I am sure will be just a minute or 2  in the show.

So far 7 large pantec trucks unloading all sorts of stuff, even 2 x porter lou's, spose it's union rules that they must have amenity's on hand.

Frank

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Filming is fun! 
I was the subject of a documentary when I was 16 years old. 
It was an ABC program called Chequerboard. 
It was filmed over several weeks. They followed me to and from school, to a party, to Bronte, Maroubra and Coogee Beaches. 

My kids watch it at odd times over the years and listen to my views as a 16 year old on life, love and problems of the world. 

The Twelve is on Foxtel in 2022

https://www.mediaweek.com.au/foxtel-original-drama-the-twelve-coming-to-aussie-screens-in-2022/

Keep us posted Frank 🎥🎬🍿

You didn't appear in Puberty Blues did you?  🙄

• Like 1

When the show Sylvania Waters was filmed many years ago,  I counted 10 trucks there one day. The show was filmed over many weeks, and the neighbours in the narrow street were pissed off as the street was constantly blocked with vehicles and film crews.

Noleen was the mother and wife on the show, as for the others, I don't remember their names, nor would you want to. 🤣 It was the Donaher family.

A number of speed humps were built along the main street of Belgrave Esplanade by Council, and the word 'HUMP' was painted just before each speed hump to warn motorists. Some bright spark added words to HUMP with a spray can, to produce 'I HUMPED NOLEEN' and 'NOLEEN HUMPS EVERYONE'. 

Well, she went ballistic and demanded Council remove the offending words immediately. With Council, there is never any rush, so it took some time to do that, but it did not take long for the words to re-appear (no it was not me) once they were cleaned off, and they remained for quite some time.

Through work one day, I met a bloke who lived next to the Donahers. He was a retired Deputy Fire Commisioner of NSW. A nice bloke. He told me a few stories about them.

The Donahers did not own the house, only lived there for the filming, really lived in poorer circumstances than the show portrayed, rented certain things, did not own the big boat parked beside the jetty, one son had spent a bit of time on the 'inside', revved their car engines as late as 3am to wake up everyone, and told the neighbours to f*** off at different times. I could tell you more, but wont.

Through our travels, my wife and I met a young English couple, who told us that the show Sylvania Waters was the most watched show in England. Well, I told them a few truths about the show, the people in it, and what Australia was really like. Makes you wonder which people England exported to Australia over 200 years ago, and which ones were left behind. :074:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Well it's all over, they took about 1 1/2 hours to set up all the tents and filming gear and about 20 minutes to pack it all up and vanish, from what I could see from my Verandah they had about 5-6 takes of one particular scene and a couple of takes with another scene.

Frank

• Like 1

Dave. I think it was a 1 of thing. unless there is a re shoot but I think I have seen the last them.

The trailer is ready to go all bar checking the pressure in the tyres, which I will do tomorrow and throw a spare in just in case.

Frank

Laurie Donaher raced a Ford Mustang in Historic racing in the 1980's. It was a very successful car.

He also owned a hiring business that was also very successful.

They now live on the Gold Coast QLD.

Cheers.

7 hours ago, Rebel said:

Laurie Donaher raced a Ford Mustang in Historic racing in the 1980's. It was a very successful car.

He also owned a hiring business that was also very successful.

They now live on the Gold Coast QLD.

Cheers.

There you go.

Probably made a few dollars from the show as well.

From the locals I spoke to around the house, the family was as popular as a dog turd stuck on your new pair of shoes.

Edited by Yowie