First Goat

blaxland

Short report bottom bashing off Sydney Wednesday 15 dec. light north wind water 22.5 degrees in about 35 meters water to go drift just east of the reefs starting at dee why keepers 1 good flathead and an Indian goat fish both of which we just ate for lunch might of got more but spent some time with a tangled paternoster and had to tie a new one. That camping store had anew brand of 1lb squid which did the trick20211215_134504.thumb.jpg.87ead4fcc9d99129abcde567be7a8c9d.jpg

• Like 11

Nice work on the goat fish BL, Ive never eaten that species before & would be keen to try if I was ever able to catch one.

There is something about "red" coloured fish that seems to make them better eating over some other species, no idea what it is but probably has something to do with their diet?

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

Nice work on the goat fish BL, Ive never eaten that species before & would be keen to try if I was ever able to catch one.

There is something about "red" coloured fish that seems to make them better eating over some other species, no idea what it is but probably has something to do with their diet?

Thanks KC I was actually targeting reds but still happy with the outcome.

28 minutes ago, Isaac Ct said:

I have heard red mullet and goatfish are some of the best eating fish, so, to me, you have yourself a very prized fish there. Well done.

Yes indeed now that I have tried one I look forward to the next. 

• Like 1