Narrabeen Flatties

Rileymcsmiley

Seeing as there was a break in the weather this morning I figured I’d go down to the lake to try and find a couple flatties on some soft plastics.

Started fishing around 5:30 around the bridge and quickly had my first one on at 36cm. Over the next hour another 5 were landed which were all in the 35-40cm range which was a welcome change from some of the donut sessions I’ve had recently.

Relocated to one of the creeks to see if I could find anything else and I very quickly connected to a much larger model. Eventually managed to tire it out but it was far too heavy to pull up over the railing on 6lb leader so I had to hop over to grab it. One misplaced step was all it took for me to slide waist deep down into the water (whoops) but the flathead was still connected so I powered through. Ended up going 62cm, stoked to have finally gotten a decent model this season. Even considering the accidental swim it was still a good morning out on the water. Merry Christmas all! 

• Like 16

On 12/24/2021 at 10:49 AM, Rileymcsmiley said:

Seeing as there was a break in the weather this morning I figured I’d go down to the lake to try and find a couple flatties on some soft plastics.

Started fishing around 5:30 around the bridge and quickly had my first one on at 36cm. Over the next hour another 5 were landed which were all in the 35-40cm range which was a welcome change from some of the donut sessions I’ve had recently.

Relocated to one of the creeks to see if I could find anything else and I very quickly connected to a much larger model. Eventually managed to tire it out but it was far too heavy to pull up over the railing on 6lb leader so I had to hop over to grab it. One misplaced step was all it took for me to slide waist deep down into the water (whoops) but the flathead was still connected so I powered through. Ended up going 62cm, stoked to have finally gotten a decent model this season. Even considering the accidental swim it was still a good morning out on the water. Merry Christmas all! 

Great stuff mate. And nice catches 

• Like 1