Yowie Bay Jetty Plan Pays of.

Isaac Ct

G'day raiders,

I haven't been able to get out for a fish lately so I decided that I would make a plan to head to my local jetty. My train of thoughts was; with all the rain and my local jetty having a drain next to it, maybe the water will flush out and the fish will be feeding on the nutrients and what-not coming out of the drains. So I headed down at 700 and began with some bread burley and some unweighted bread on a size 12 long shank hook. First cast a small bream that fought way harder than it should've and nearly snagged my under the jetty on a 4 pound silly string rod. After a rebaiting I was straight back out there and BAM! This fish took me round the whole jetty and had me running around trying to get an angle on it. I t was right under the jetty and I only just saw it when it went into the net and I was pretty darn happy with it, a new PB, 36 and a bit cm. I then tried over near where the actual boat launch is in about 30cm of water as I always see them swimming around there in the clearer water and BANG! Onto another nice fish!! After a couple of runs straight into the net, not as big as the first one but still very pleased with it. 

Stay say safe raiders and tight lines🎣.

Isaac

1150638456_IMG_05362.thumb.JPG.c07ead1efc2a2a5722902b39934b87f8.JPG

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

Nice bream! Well done! 

@Yowie can afford to share a few fish with you 🤣

On a size 12 hook, were you fishing for something else? Goes to show, you can catch a big fish on a little hook!

Not really, but knowing that there a few smaller fish around as well as blackfish and leatherjackets it gives me more chance to hook up.

On 2/25/2022 at 7:01 PM, Fab1 said:

Hats off to you for getting out there mate.Well done on your Pb.You just beat mine by 30cm.

Hahaha, thanks mate.

On 2/25/2022 at 8:13 PM, Yowie said:

Nice bream, and more will be about in the murky water.

Hopefully there will be, might plan some more trips soon.

On 2/25/2022 at 8:39 PM, Mike Sydney said:

Excellent work mate, she’s a beauty.

Cheers mate.

On 2/25/2022 at 9:33 PM, Pickles said:

Good job Isaac, great little string pullers (pity they don’t taste better), but good on you for braving the weather and giving it a go - it paid off.

Thanks mate, I mean mud crabs somehow taste good from dirty water.

On 2/26/2022 at 12:32 AM, big Neil said:

Well done Isaac. I admire your tenacity. You were justly rewarded with a fabulous PB. Quite likely your plan will work for quite some time while all the flood waters clear away. Keep us all posted. bn

Thanks mate, I have another report coming soon, just went away for the weekend.

On 2/26/2022 at 4:15 PM, jenno64 said:

Cracker!

Cheers mate.

8 hours ago, Larkin said:

Mate!! Good size fish.

they go hard at that size. Well done 👍 

Thanks mate, she pulled a bit of string around the pylons and had nervous for a bit.

Edited by Isaac Ct