How did you meet your Partner ?

Rebel

Years ago I was a young sales rep. I had some great customers including a young blond lady who managed a shop in Maroubra. As I got to know her I asked her out for a drink. She replied I don't mix business with pleasure. Can't win them all. Some weeks later my office told me a customer needed some stock in a hurry. Guess who, the blond. I delivered the stock and was thanked for the service. As I was leaving the blond asked me if she could buy me a drink. How times change. We went out for dinner a couple of times and she told her ambition was to join the Navy. She had signed up and was waiting orders to ship out. Over time we lost contact as she moved around different bases. No mobile phones those days.Some three years later I happened to bump into her Mother. Mother told me  she was in Darwin and would be home within the week and then she was off to Singapore. I was given her phone number at the navel base. I rang her and she rembered me. I met her at the airport with her family when she arrived home and arranged to go out for dinner the following night. We were married three months later and have two brillant children and we are still together today.

• Like 6

I met my wife of many years when she was only 15, she was a friend of a friend kind of thing, one thing led to another and we were married when she was just over 18, been my fishing partner, house renovating partner and general do anything type of person forever, the best cook ever, got two great kids with good jobs, and some fantastic grandkids. Now I am a "senior" is there anything I would change? Well except for buying realestate when I had the chance, no! Not many seem to stick with partners/wives these days, lots of single patents around.

• Like 5

I met my wife online, recently enough that it was relatively normal, but long before it started to become a bit dodgy with scammers. I was on a hiatus from fishing and I was racing road and mountain bikes then, so I was fighting fit. I'm not sure if she would have married me if she realised I'd become the slob that I've become 🤣.

Online was good because I was unlikely to have met my wife any other way. Our social circles were completely different, our professional careers a world apart. Contrary to popular thought, I found online dating no easier than meeting someone in real life. I suspect that's because the fundamentals are the same; you have to find someone who shares your values and that takes some getting to know each other to work that out.

• Like 6

I met my girlfriend in my old school, was there 2 weeks or so. Anyways last year she reached out over Snapchat to see how I was going and where I was now. Anyways got talking and became very close. 

After a little while I asked her our and she said yes so yeah. 

It's probably a lot different to everyone else. 

Edited by slothparade
  • Like 4

Just to kind of add something really useless, we were married on the day Elvis Presley died, which is kind of convenient, because when all the old Elvis movies come on TV, I know my anniversary is coming up! Not that anniversaries mean all that much now, except "milestone" ones.

• Like 3

Met my wife to be at my cousins 21st birthday. I was a Sydney boy and they were in Brisbane so long distance relationship ensued for the next 18 months or so. Got married on 26th Jan so it's nice that they put on festivities and fireworks in honour of our celebration. 

NB Please don't change Aus Day date- easy memory jogger atm.

Jim

• Like 2

Barbara sent me a Birthday card. I had to phone her and say thanks. She asked what I was doing Anzac Day. Fishing of course. " I have never been fishing " was the reply. Naturally I said why not come with me ! Married  38 years in May !

Still fishing together !

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, bluefin said:

Barbara sent me a Birthday card. I had to phone her and say thanks. She asked what I was doing Anzac Day. Fishing of course. " I have never been fishing " was the reply. Naturally I said why not come with me ! Married  38 years in May !

Still fishing together !

Great "get together" story. True love is a strange thing, sometimes appearing when least expected. bn

• Like 4