Port Stephens - Jew number 2.

Rummers

Finally managed to get out again! After my last adventure where I finally nailed a Jew I’ve been itching to get out. 
The wind prediction changed dramatically on Friday (typical) but I decided to wait until Sunday night and head out to chase a Jewie. 

Got out around 4, got about 15 yakkas in the bait tank good to go. Figured I might fish around the bridge at tea gardens. Got up the river and noticed my baits not looking healthy in the tank! Rushed back out to the bay to discover 10 of them died in the fresh! Rookie error. 

I had a few hours until the tide change so I went to Corlette wreck to find more bait and maybe get a Jew on dark. Ended up with this 40cm model on a bait jig. 

No more bait - I can never catch it at night but I got a nice 38cm Tailor which I decided to put a hook in. No luck on that one. 

Moved spots to Middle island so I could position myself for the tide change. And right on the change of tide… Bam. Doubled up my Jew tally.

2 from 2 sessions (took me a year for 1….) but I am pretty stoked. Amazing what confidence does and happy I came up with a solid backup plan on the fly and still managed a fish after my plans changed. 

B68B0944-53DE-4EE8-894E-3C58F49DBAE7.jpeg

• Like 13

46 minutes ago, Restyle said:

Now you’ve cracked the code they are jumping in the boat. Nice fat Jewie though 

Mate I hope so! It’s a good feeling to know hard work amounted to more than a fluke though!!

keen to get a big one now!

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 4:15 PM, Scratchie said:

Nice work mate! The more time you spend out there, the better the results will be! Congrats 👏 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks mate! Unfortunatly I’m off the Jew for a bit - need to find some day time fishing the next couple of months to work around work and childcare. Any ideas? 

thanks Pickles - I’ve loved this challenge even when the donuts got hard. A favourite fish of mine even if I’ve caught harder pulling ones.

22 hours ago, Pickles said:
  • Well done @Rummers, - you’ve proved that the more time and experience you put in, the better the results - well done on the “grey-ghost”

15 hours ago, Rummers said:

Thanks mate! Unfortunatly I’m off the Jew for a bit - need to find some day time fishing the next couple of months to work around work and childcare. Any ideas? 

Hahahahaha have the same problem! Too much work and too many kids 😂😂😂