Hat Head dash

LuckyFil

Had a short dash to Hat Head with my son Pat over the weekend just passed. Luckily it was ahead of the wild westerly wind that hit last night . Cold mornings but sunny days and the remnants of the big southerly swell still hanging around. 

Pat had an early spin off the point on Saturday for one Watsons Leaping bonito and dropped another lifting up the rocks. A few of the same caught by guys near him but nothing else. 

We had hoped to fish the rocks for drummer in the arvo but the swell was still too big so we drove down to Point Plomer which can handle a big swell. Pat picked up a nice tailor spinning a metal and I dropped one. I managed a good drummer of around 47cm on my second cast with bait . We thought this looked like it would be good session but that was the only one.

image.jpeg.e10d51bc8068f41c2cb6f272863acd0b.jpeg

The swell had dropped enough for our last session to allow a fish off the rocks at the Hat yesterday morning. This produced an array of species starting with a baby jewie taking my cunje bait meant for a drummer, a couple more tailor, another drummer similar size to day before, a legal sized tarwhine and a small blackfish. We called it quits around 8:30 as we had to be out of the cabin by ten but it was a nice little session and welcome escape from Sydney for a couple of days. Water temp up there is still 22.5 degrees.

image.jpeg.c969bb3c375a4e31c89b8a73ebfa8a40.jpeg

Cheers

Fil 

• Like 11