anchor winch

dunc333

hi guys and girls ive been doing some research and tyre kicking before the boat show as getting old .On anchor winches to fit to the boat .anyways on my research i found a great youtube vid from zmk1962 aka Zoran barrycuda before he sold it . fellow raiders  just want to say great vid mate and any raiders going down the same path check it out on you tube if i knew how to link it i would but my puter skills limited cheers dunc33

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dunc333 said:

hi guys and girls ive been doing some research and tyre kicking before the boat show as getting old .On anchor winches to fit to the boat .anyways on my research i found a great youtube vid from zmk1962 aka Zoran barrycuda before he sold it . fellow raiders  just want to say great vid mate and any raiders going down the same path check it out on you tube if i knew how to link it i would but my puter skills limited cheers dunc33

Thanks so much for the shout out Dunc... yes that was a solid DIY project but extremely rewarding.  I did post the link to the video in the Workshop section earlier in 2017 here it is:

Also, the winch discussion has come up previously and I wrote out my thoughts on winches in another post attached below. All I can say is, once you have one, you will wonder how you did without it all those years --- it is a game changer. For me the key features were drum winch (no need to tie off rode) and free fall.  I had mine for just under 5 years and it was faultless.  Ordered the same winch on my new rig.

If you have any questions on how to install or need a hand, give me a shout.... the timings may work out.

Cheers Zoran

1 hour ago, slothparade said:

Here's an idea, get a Penn slammer and a spinfisher extra heavy and a bit of heavy braid. There, you have an anchor winch 🤣

Well you may be onto something there .... I can tell you that snagged 80lb braid on an electric Tanacom bull held my boat in low current at Browns ... and it's a right B@$T@RD to break off .... 

So if you're in a YAK you'd have your anchor winch .... btw how would you break off heavy braid from a YAK 🤔 ?

Cheers Z

On 7/7/2022 at 7:18 AM, zmk1962 said:

All I can say is, once you have one, you will wonder how you did without it all those years --- it is a game changer.

When I bought my Barcrushed 4 years ago the only things my wife took notice of was an anchor winch and the 'door' to the back-board.   I wish I'd slipped RADAR on-- I reckon I would have got away with it...

• 2 weeks later...