Bali Fishing Charter

Hey guys,

I am heading to Bali next week and one of the ideas from the group was to do a fishing charter from Nusa Dua. Has anyone had experience with this and if so, what are your thoughts?

From reviews, it seems the Fishing isn't amazing around Bali but the tour operators themselves have some great photos. 

Happy to hear thoughts

HP

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HawkesburyParadise said:

Hey guys,

I am heading to Bali next week and one of the ideas from the group was to do a fishing charter from Nusa Dua. Has anyone had experience with this and if so, what are your thoughts?

From reviews, it seems the Fishing isn't amazing around Bali but the tour operators themselves have some great photos. 

Happy to hear thoughts

HP

If you are there at the same time share the cost for a charter. What hotel are you staying in at Nusa Dua? 

Do a search on here for Bali and there are lots of posts. It is not the best fishing time at the moment, it is the windy season. Ruby Snapper can be caught but you have to get a good day. 

7 hours ago, HawkesburyParadise said:

Hey guys,

Happy to hear thoughts

HP

I’ll be there in 2 weeks, staying in Legian. Haven’t really looked at charters yet. You might get a better shot a few days after the full moon. I’ll have the new moon.

7 hours ago, HawkesburyParadise said:

Hey guys,

Happy to hear thoughts

HP

If you’re on Facebook, maybe join the Bali Travel Forum and ask there. Warning though: you’ll get a zillion replies and direct messages from drivers offering their services! Still lots of good info, though.

3 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

If you’re on Facebook, maybe join the Bali Travel Forum and ask there. Warning though: you’ll get a zillion replies and direct messages from drivers offering their services! Still lots of good info, though.

Not a good move. 

The weather is no good for fishing - very windy for next month. The fb people will take your money knowing you won't catch fish. Our contact tells me that there are 2 days in July and 2 days in August that may be promising. Message me if interested and I will give you his details. 

Good luck and look forward to fishing reports if you manage to get out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Not a good move. 

The weather is no good for fishing - very windy for next month. The fb people will take your money knowing you won't catch fish. Our contact tells me that there are 2 days in July and 2 days in August that may be promising. Message me if interested and I will give you his details. 

Good luck and look forward to fishing reports if you manage to get out. 

Thanks Donna. Yes, you told me 1 or 2 days after the full moon. Full moon is 14 July and 12 August, so I’ll miss them, which is why I haven’t been too bothered. I plan to just enjoy the makanan 😋 and explore! 😎

15 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Thanks Donna. Yes, you told me 1 or 2 days after the full moon. Full moon is 14 July and 12 August, so I’ll miss them, which is why I haven’t been too bothered. I plan to just enjoy the makanan 😋 and explore! 😎

Have a good trip and stay alert. I am sure you are well equipped with first timer info off the facebook groups. 

Psst they are not the dates btw ..... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Have a good trip and stay alert. I am sure you are well equipped with first timer info off the facebook groups. 

Psst they are not the dates btw ..... 

Really? I’m sure it’s full moon tomorrow, 14 July and 12 August. 🤷‍♂️ Am I reading the charts wrong? I haven’t sought any fishing charter leads from Facebook at all. I am focusing on eating lots of great Balinese food and absorbing the culture! Terima kasih atas bantuan Anda. 

• 3 weeks later...

So I ended up going and the prices seemed pretty high. However, someone here DM'd me an Aussie guy and I contacted him. He had a competitive price and I asked him for availability. Unfortunately, 1) He never got back to me and 2) I got Bali belly on the proposed day anyway. 

@mrsswordfisherman - What is the good time of the year for Fishing in Bali? This won't be my last trip to Bali, We had a great time. Might make a Winter trip to Bali a regular occurrence. 

11 hours ago, HawkesburyParadise said:

So I ended up going and the prices seemed pretty high. However, someone here DM'd me an Aussie guy and I contacted him. He had a competitive price and I asked him for availability. Unfortunately, 1) He never got back to me and 2) I got Bali belly on the proposed day anyway. 

@mrsswordfisherman - What is the good time of the year for Fishing in Bali? This won't be my last trip to Bali, We had a great time. Might make a Winter trip to Bali a regular occurrence. 

Send me a pm and I will give you some info

19 hours ago, whiskey299 said:

I am heading there in mid to late September. I hope the conditions improve by then.

Any recommendations will be appreciated.

July to September is their windy season. Best time to visit is from October through to June.

Catch Mahi Mahi and Tuna at Tianyar (Karangasem)

Catch Ruby, GT's and Amberjack near Nusa Penida - @swordfisherman favourite spot

Our contact takes people to stay in Tianyar in glamping accommodation!

23EAA6E9-09BF-44F5-A8DE-9D0B213F223C.jpeg

17229041-BAA9-42C4-B255-E3CF12AF52F4.jpeg

Pm for more info