Bate Bay 22 August

campr

Haven't been able to get out since March due to weather and health issues.  Managed to get out yesterday to check the boat out and burn off old fuel.  All seamed ok so I headed out to Bate Bay to try for a few flathead.   It was a little choppy but not too bad but the wind from NW was about 15-20 knots and drift was way too fast making fishing difficult.  Managed 2 about 44cm and decided to call it quits.  It was pleasant inside the Port and had a nice cruise around to get rid of some fuel. There was quite a few mutton birds around the boat when I was outside so it may be worth trolling for stripies soon as they used to turn up about the same time.  Disappointing result but great to get out again.  Ron 

• Like 11

38 minutes ago, campr said:

Haven't been able to get out since March due to weather and health issues.  Managed to get out yesterday to check the boat out and burn off old fuel.  All seamed ok so I headed out to Bate Bay to try for a few flathead.   It was a little choppy but not too bad but the wind from NW was about 15-20 knots and drift was way too fast making fishing difficult.  Managed 2 about 44cm and decided to call it quits.  It was pleasant inside the Port and had a nice cruise around to get rid of some fuel. There was quite a few mutton birds around the boat when I was outside so it may be worth trolling for stripies soon as they used to turn up about the same time.  Disappointing result but great to get out again.  Ron 

You got out that’s the main thing.Your result is usually my normal day/night.I’m just thankful to be out there when I’m there as there’s worse in this world than being out on the boat and coming home empty handed..A lot worse.

Ps.Next time blame that bloody Yowie.I do and feel better afterwards.

Edited by Fab1
  • Haha 2