What Price have you seen for fish🤪

Pickles

Flattie's for $80 a kilo, doesn't take that much to catch one. You could catch a feed of them and invite friends over for dinner, they just wouldn't like the bill you should be charging at the end😂. I have never tried Redfin or carp, how do they go on the plate?

If the are King George Whiting ( not sure why they wouldnt say that) then they are nudging $90 a Kilo at the moment.

Here are some frozen ones if you what a bargain! (not)

https://www.fergusonaustralia.com/shop/fish/king-george-whiting/  200 gram pack for $26 Bucks!

I must admit fresh KG whiting are excellent by not $90 a kilo worth.

I suspect that most fisherman are like me and they know how good really fresh fish tastes so I would have say a  fresh flattie fillet than a KG whiting fillet bought from a fish shop.

Cheers

Jim

No wonder BigNeil is heading for Rockhampton!! And its not for crappie old carp & redfin @ $8/kg (catfood). 

Makes the curent airfares look less expensive if you take a rod.

Good luck BN - I'm off to Weipa in a month for a Sail(fish).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hill373737 said:

I was up at Agnes Water / 1770 last month and the price of fish was almost reasonable but I saw Snow Peas in the supermarket for $41 a kilo!!

That does seem a lot, but I'm thinking theres' a hell of a lot of snow peas in a kilo...they dont weigh very much!

• Like 1

No wonder the neighbours seemed very pleased when i gave them a bag of fresh flathead fillets as a thankyou for constantly throwing the kids soccer/tennis/football balls back over the fence.

4 boneless fillets off of 45cm fish is probably $40-50 worth, to me it was free!!

Ash

Edited by Oscarthebeagle
grammer

I haven't been in a fish shop for many years though the 80kg for flathead I hear is pretty common. 
Funny enough the most expensive fish these days are the red species of morwongs. These sell well into the hundreds of dollars as live fish in restaurants. They are also regarded as the highest quality of sashimi, above that of the tuna species. In a Chinatown restaurant expect to pay over $350 for one meal with red morwong. We don't even shoot them spearing as they aren't what I consider tasty!!!!!

Boneless Flathead fillets can be had at decent shops for around $25 a KG, depending on what time of the year, anyone paying those prices are nuts.....you need to remember most fish is not very dense (like steak) so a kilo is quite a lot of fillets. There is Atlantic Salmon in the background for $64.99KG, any shop (including supermarkets) have it for $30-35 every day of the week.

Edited by noelm

A friend recently bought a new boat costing 160k and another well over the 200k which Ive been heading out in, hence why no reports from my own boat. Anyway yesterday was our fourth trip in the new extreme with a mix of flicking lures and jumping in for eastern rock lobsters. With four of us in the water for approximately 2 hrs, we ended up with nothing again. This was the fourth trip in a town and on this one we towed the boat further afield. 

During yesterdays fruitless trip I was thinking about the huge amounts of money which had been spent to try and get a few fish. With this in mind I don't think any fish for sale in a fish shop is actually expensive at all. Even the more guaranteed species like salmon along the shore have a considerable cost in catching when you weigh things up. From licences, rods and reels, tackle, braid, lures, transport, insurance etc etc, the cost of fish is far more expensive when you catch your own rather than buy from a shop. Ive just spent $700 on a pair of dive fins and don't even eat the lobsters I catch!!!!!....but I do enjoy being underwater trying to find them!!!

• Like 4