Soldiers Point

kantong

We took a family trip away up at Soldier's Point and of course the rods were packed. Scoped out the local jetty and it was fun for the kids to hook up on yakkas, small bream, snapper and I think herring (is someone able to tell from the blurry photo below? Caught lots of them) It was very windy Saturday night and Sunday morning.

Threw out a live yakka under a float it got harassed but didn't get eaten. I brought the yakka in and it had bite marks on the side, suspect it was an over eager tailor. Threw out a yakka fillet under the float, it got taken down but didn't hook up. 

Bait used: Servo prawns, left over steak, yakkas

Kids had fun and I'll come back better prepared next time. 

Tight lines

PXL_20220917_100604082.jpg

PXL_20220917_194853396.jpg

herring.jpg

• Like 12

Thanks for replies everyone.

Yes, it looks like a silver biddie, thanks @leonardgid. I haven't caught one of those in soooo long, I forgot what they were!

@slothparade - I'll have to bring some heavy gear for those sharks! There were dolphins around in the morning too, which at first glance I thought was a shark.

@Little_Flatty Congrats to your little one on catching their first fish and always have the rod ready for a flick, enjoy mate.

@Bluebenbomb - steak worked just as good as the prawns for the silver biddies and yakkas. 

Edited by kantong
  • Like 1