Port hacking…..We gave it a crack

Fab1

Hit the hacking today around 8am (Would have liked to be their at sunrise).Launched the boat at grays and beached it on the sand like usual then went to park the car only to come back to a guy struggling to push his boat off the trailer.

After asking him if he needed a hand, I helped him push his boat off the trailer ( pearler of a boat mate if you’re a raider).

We fired my boat up and decided to toss a hard body lure out the back and have a troll hoping to pick up a flatly maybe or a bream or something.(One less fish for bloody @Yowie
 While the boy held onto the lure rod I putted along until we got past grays point.I told him to wind in as I was going to accelerate only to put the throttle down and nothing.

The throttle was moving and I looked back at the motor and the throttle lever on motor was moving but no acceleration.

Back to the ramp we went to investigate further at the light speed of idling back.

Beached boat and in my head driving back I was thinking something broke on the carburettor linkages under the cowl.

Popped the cowl and to my amazement some brain dead idiot forgot to put the linkage back on the carby after servicing(Greasing things).I blame bloody Yowie for that too.

Anyway we head back off from ramp and we agree we are going to not let this trip excite us at all(The video shows we didn’t get excited).

In short fishing wasn’t a surprise.A few places fished like swa,lilli pilli using various baits for all undersized fish mainly pinkies.

We had a great time out there for a few hours and it certainly beat being at work and sitting around at home.

We weren’t excited at all!!!

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Yowie said:

At least you managed to get out and have a fish. Better than staying at home.

It sure does mate.Fish or no fish we always have a blast mate.On a side note coming out of grays point ramp through the shallows I could see big bream,a trevally,a flat head scoot off and a stingray.I guess if you can see them they can see you applies.

2 hours ago, Bluebenbomb said:

It's good to see you getting out, @Fab1. Hope you enjoyed the time on the water. Don't blame @Yowie! He hasn't fished the hacking for 5 weeks (well, he got out a few days ago). The fish would have had plenty of time to grow 😁

Always enjoy our time out mate no matter what.

1 hour ago, Little_Flatty said:

I'd take a few undersize pinkes over the day I've had!

Keep at it Fab!

I note that Yowie regularly pumps nippers and catches slimeys and tailor to salt for bait. Maybe give that a shot sometime. At worst, it will keep it interesting 😎

I’ve had my share of the days you had mate.

I know that’s what Yowie does.I had pillies, only small fish not bothering to photograph other than the small pinkie I posted.It was very quiet and the couple of fisherman I came across and asked(They looked like they knew what they were doing) said they had no luck too.

I watched guys set up on kayaks flicking plastics with no luck too.

it sounds like the best time of day is early morning before sunrise and knowing your baits/spots and putting the hours in too.

50 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Living the dream !   That’s what all boaties say when the motor is running!

Enjoy. 

cheers Z

I say it just when I’m not at work mate which is every third day.😂😂😂I’ll try to get out their more often as I have plenty of more bait to feed the fish.

9 hours ago, Fab1 said:

On a side note coming out of grays point ramp through the shallows I could see big bream,a trevally,a flat head scoot off and a stingray.I guess if you can see them they can see you applies.

If you can see the fish in the shallows, they can see you. Also applies to whiting at times in clear water.

33 minutes ago, Yowie said:

If you can see the fish in the shallows, they can see you. Also applies to whiting at times in clear water.

I know mate.Some big ones lurking in the shallows.I could see bream,whiting,a flat head,trevally and a stingray all from swallow rock ramp to grays point.Some bloody big ones.Windangs the same as you know.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Isaac Ct said:

Nice job Fab, at least you caught more fish than Yowie yesterday. As long as @Yowie didn't get out for a fish🤣, because then you would be in trouble.

I'm sure the young fella had a bit of fun, well done.

Thanks.The guy certainly deserves the fish he catches mate.Always fun mate.

25 minutes ago, Squidless said:

8am?! Are you sure you weren't dreaming? Sounds like a blast none the less, glad to hear you were finally able to get some time to get out there.

I think the fish heard @Yowie was back and went into hiding...that's what I'm chalking my donut on Monday to.

As Arnie famously said…I lied.i Itwas actually 8:10 am we were on the water.Left home at 6:40. An hour and a half later we got there.

The benefit of living in the MacArthur and doing 10km/h down the M5 from Campbelltown to Moorebank.I’m sure we would of got there quicker hitching the boat up to a sleepy koala and going by tree top.

As for blaming Yowie it’s always his fault.😂

34 minutes ago, Isaac Ct said:

Nice job Fab, at least you caught more fish than Yowie yesterday. As long as @Yowie didn't get out for a fish🤣, because then you would be in trouble.

I'm sure the young fella had a bit of fun, well done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1