St. George’s basin

Isaac Ct

Been a while since I’ve had something worth reporting, headed down to St. George’s basin for the holidays and the plan was to hit it up this morning, high tide at 930 at the entrance to the basin from Sussex inlet and we anchored there for the turn of the tide which produced the bream (34cm)

After a while we decided to have a drift from oaky island down along the southern side of the basins weedbeds, the wind pushing us west. Prawns for bait as no time to pump nippers or trap some poddies nevertheless my dad got the flattie (42cm) and also managed a few small whiting and flounder. Wind came up around 12;30 so headed back in.

All fish released. Thought I might include the gear: 6ft 5 3-5kg rods with 6lb mono. Size 1 circle hooks, size 0 ball sinkers and a leader of around 70cm.

Cheers.

BFD83369-B971-43CD-A5AD-E5C52881B5A7.thumb.jpeg.4ecc1a67158b6755b2e4f28d431ca125.jpeg

52015C4C-5783-4E00-B2CA-0A74A080AEF5.thumb.jpeg.4d389b5bba46425e3d8999818a6dd91d.jpeg

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Rebel said:

Top report

Nice to see somebody else uses Mono.

Have a great holiday.

Well done.

Cheers.

Thanks Rebel, I know a lot of people say braid is best but the only thing I’ve managed with it is a massive birds nest resulting in a waste of $30

• Like 2

12 hours ago, masterfisho7 said:

Top stuff some top photos well done 

Cheers 

12 hours ago, Yowie said:

Sounds like you had a good time at a different location.

This afternoon in Port Hacking was just wall-to-wall boats and jet skis, not a time to be fishing in there.

Haha, that’s why I left

12 hours ago, Restyle said:

Good stuff mate, looks like you got a good couple of weeks ahead of you (providing the rain holds back) of fishing 

Cheers mate, it’s meant to start raining down hear in the next couple of days. Still will get out today and maybe a trip to conjola later in the week.

9 hours ago, Larkin said:

Good to see you back onto some action!

Nice bream 👍

Cheers mate, been a while.