Brisbane Water Bream

tyrone07

G'day Raiders, been a little while between drinks with work and a newborn baby to contend with my fishing time is limited these days.

Finally had a morning off where conditions looked good and had a game plan to go target some boat hulls for some Bream. After an hour and a half for a few small tailor, I decided to change it up and go and look at some racks nearby. First cast with a 2.5inch slim swim Zman on 4lb was crunched with what we called for an EP at first turned out to be a cracking Bream. After some tense moments a 43cm Bream was in the boat. Got some quick snaps before we put her back.

Had two more solid hook ups which ended as quick as they begun with the typical smoking. I normally would never fish that light in the racks but my mate using a similar set up on 6lb couldn't get a bite, as soon as he dropped to the silly string he got dusted.

Had a quick flick near the ramp and managed a couple if lizards with one kept for tea. 

IMG_20220926_144649_765.jpg

• Like 19

1 hour ago, Isaac Ct said:

Cracking bream mate, one that many would hope to catch. Nice that you managed a feed as well.

Congratulations on the newborn.

Thanks mate, next mission is one that size topwater hopefully 🤞,

Hes actually 12 months in two weeks, how the time flys

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Nice bream @tyrone07. Anything over 40 is a special fish.

Fishing can be challenging when you have little ones at home. Speaking from experience, you got to act fast when the opportunities present themselves and make the most of very short time windows!

Absolutely mate, I think that's why I have really gotten back into Bream fishing, plenty of options close to the ramp and generally with the limited time I can fish a few different spots regardless of the tides 

• Like 1