Morning at Mosman

Little_Flatty

Hi Raiders,

I've been ridiculously busy of late but really needed to get a fish out of my system at the same time. So, rain hail or shine, I planned to get out for a fish this morning with my daughter. We decided to station ourselves at Mosman Bay Wharf, where we could fish undercover and enjoy a coffee.

Got decked out in full rain gear (including waterproof pants) to frustratingly arrive to blue skies as the sun rose. We were fishing unweighted bread and salted pilchard baits. Not much action to report, except for a legal trev on the bread, which was only spared from the sashimi platter when my daughter asked me to release it. So back in the drink it went.

image.png.1a684de0982c5b961e8d76d9b769a67b.png

It was rather quiet after that fish, so we decided to make our way towards the playground whilst I flicked a plastic around. No interest in that, so off to the playground we went.

That's when we made the discovery: waterproof pants are the best thing since sliced bread when sliding down wet slippery dips and riding on wet swings! Now that's a discovery worth making!

Mike

• Like 10
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, Green Hornet said:

Good going @Little_Flatty. Whether in the salt or fresh, bread must be one of the most versatile baits/berlies  out there.

Certainly is @Green Hornet. It never ceases to astonish me how useful bread is as bait and berley. On top of that, when fishing with kids, it's handy because they will readily munch on a slice at the same time.

• Like 2