Sydney Snappers

Megalodon_Hunter

Managed to make the most of some decent conditions last week and get out on the water to try hunt down some snapper and kings.

Whilst I had no luck targeting Kings (still yet to catch anything bigger than a rat) I did happen to pick up a couple of decent snapper. Plenty of fun on light gear. Unfortunately dropped what would of been the biggest one of the week after putting up a spectacular fight, but all part of the fun.

Upon returning to the boat ramp I found a bloke at the filleting table, cleaning up an esky full of very decent size kings. Slightly disheartening…. but hopefully manage to turn my luck one day soon with a couple of days of nice conditions on the cards!

Cant complain when you’re picking up fish like these two though! All in all a great few days out on the water!

8FA19EE5-6A8D-4511-97E3-134CD3A5B904.thumb.jpeg.c17e605734447e0d70ea20043bda7ee0.jpegC2E2E01A-E521-4216-BFC8-F22550E542F1.jpeg.e5b0fbb23ef5ea423108d64bbb5fec47.jpeg

Edited by Megalodon_Hunter
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, Little_Flatty said:

That's a stonker snapper @Megalodon_Hunter. I wouldn't be unhappy with that!

You need to either take that other angler out on your boat or drop @Pickles a PM to work on your kingie game! If you can manage snapper like that, surely you'll get the hang of kingies once you know the relevant parameters to work with.

Definitely not mad about the snapper, that’s for sure!

Cheers! Will definitely be trying to pick apart some more knowledgeable brains… Every little bit of information helps! Hopefully pick something decent up before the year ends 🤞🏼

• Like 1